Non-traditional Resale Process
This home is part of the Permanently Affordable Program and applicants need to be qualified as they would for any home in the program. This home is different from most homes in the program in that it does not go through the traditional marketing period and selection process. This home is part of the Nomad Cohousing community, one of the first co-housing communities within the City of Boulder Permanently Affordable Homes Program. As such, a non-traditional resale process is followed. Included in this are opportunities to visit the home and learn about the Nomad Cohousing community, opportunities to review written description and required agreement of the community goals, a questionnaire to help understand how one may fit in with the community, and virtual meetings with members of the community. At the end of this process, the seller of the home, with input from others in the Nomad Cohousing community, selects the buyer of the home. There will not be a random drawing that usually happens with other homes in the program.
About Nomad Cohousing, Required Document Review, and Required Applicant Questionnaire
Details about the Nomad Cohousing community are on their website. Included are governing documents and agreements that each applicant is required to read. In addition, there is a questionnaire that each applicant is required to complete. Please use this link to access this information: https://nomadcohousing.org/for-sale-or-rent/.
1600 sf. 3 bedroom (+ home office/guest room), 2 bath town-home located in Nomad Cohousing in North Boulder. Beautiful passive-solar two story home + finished basement, + 2 car tandem garage. Quiet, private lushly planted back yard & gorgeous community courtyard. Applicants must have a serious interest in living in community and appreciation of cohousing. Nomad has many shared amenities including use of common courtyard, patios, common-house, play-structure and gardens. Ideally located just 2 blocks from Lucky’s Market & Broadway bus route – 6 blocks from Wonderland Lake. 9ft & vaulted ceilings, skylights, master bedroom balcony, front and back porches, and numerous upgrades.
- Max Price: $281,019
- 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
- Square Feet: 1600
- HOA: $415/month. Last HOA change was $75 on January 1, 2022 (HOA evaluation check list PDF)
- HOA Pet Policy: Pets are allowed
- Tax: $1,583/year
- Parking: Double garage
- Exclusions: Clothes washer, clothes dryer, front hall closet shelving, living room shelving, north 2nd floor bedroom shelving/closet custom shelving, north 2nd floor bedroom cable lighting, north 2nd floor bedroom skylight electric shade, woodstove, humidification system, thru-wall AC unit, window AC unit, curtain rods and curtains (the Honeycomb blinds are included in the sale), hot tub.
Due to COVID-19, viewing the property is currently not a requirement to enter the selection. The selected buyer will be granted a showing prior to making an offer.
|2 PERSON||3 PERSON||4 PERSON||5 PERSON|
|ASSET CLASSIFICATION*||2 PERSON||3 PERSON||4 PERSON||5 PERSON|
Your down payment will be deducted from your total assets up to 20 percent of the home’s value ($56,204 – for this home). For example, if a two-person household with assets calculated by the program to be $90,000 puts $20,000 down they would be eligible ($90,000-$20,000=$70,000 in assets). If you are classified as retired or permanently disabled all the money you put down will be deducted. Please contact us if unsure you are below the asset limit for this home.
Sales Timeline and Deadlines
Below is the timeline establish for the sale of this home.
- Tuesday, January 11, 2022 from 6:30 to 7:45 pm – Virtual Nomad Cohousing Open House – An opportunity to meet the community and learn about Nomad Cohousing - Zoom Link
- Wednesday, January 12, 2022 11:59 pm – Program application deadline. If you are not already program certified by the City program, a complete application is due by this date and time. If an application is incomplete or more information is required you will not be allowed to go for this home.
- Saturday, January 15, 2022 from 1:00 to 4:00 pm – In Person Open House for the unit (fully vaccinated and masked required)
- Monday, January 17, 2022 from 6:30 to 7:45 pm – Virtual Nomad Cohousing Open House – An opportunity to meet the community and learn about Nomad Cohousing - Zoom Link
- Wednesday, January 19, 2022 from 6:30 to 7:45 pm – Virtual Cohousing Community Business Meeting – An opportunity to meet the community and learn about Nomad Cohousing - Zoom Link
- Tuesday, January 25, 2022 at 11:59 pm – Nomad questionnaire due. Please send these directly to Nomad Cohousing. Please reference link above.
- Wednesday, February 2, 2022 – buyer expected to be selected by the seller and Nomad Cohousing and home goes under contract.
A complete application is due on the application due date. If an application is incomplete or more information is required you will not be allowed to go for this home.
Entrants for this home’s selection:
|7||Not Applicable - Non-Standard Process - Seller and Community Selected Buyer|
If you have questions about the process, please contact the city. If you have questions about the home please contact the listing agent. If you have questions about community please contact Nomad Cohousing.
Listing Agent: Marsha Austin, Delaney Realty, 303-475-2796, email@example.com
Nomad Cohousing: firstname.lastname@example.org