Beverage Licensing Authority Hearing
P U B L I C N O T I C E
CITY OF BOULDER
BEVERAGE LICENSING AUTHORITY H E A R I N G
WEDNESDAY, JULY 18, 2018, 3:00 P.M.
CONFERENCE ROOM 107
BRENTON BUILDING – 1ST FLOOR
1136 ALPINE AVENUE, BOULDER, COLORADO
1. Agenda Item:
i. Member roll call;
ii. Approval of Beverage Licensing Authority (BLA) minutes from May 16, 2018 hearing;
iii. Approval of Beverage Licensing Authority (BLA) minutes from June 20, 2018 hearing
iv. Hearing agenda issues from licensing clerk.
2. Matters from the Boulder Police Department.
3. Matters from the Responsible Hospitality Group.
4. Fate Restaurants, LLC d/b/a Fate Ale House & Brewing Company, 1600 38th Street, Suite 100, Boulder, CO 80301-Monthly status renewal report to the BLA.
5. Show Cause hearing concerning February 9, 2018 violations and whether the Tavern type liquor license held by Nomad Station, LLC d/b/a The Pop-Up, 1109 Walnut St, Boulder, CO 80302, should be suspended or revoked.
6. Public hearing and consideration of an April 20, 2018 application from The Dairy Center for the Arts d/b/a Dairy Arts Center, 2590 Walnut St, Boulder, CO 80302; Melissa Fathman, Executive Director, Angela Fisher, Director of Operations, and Katie Woodzick, Manager; with a premise business mailing address, for a renewal of an Arts type liquor license.
7. Public hearing and consideration of a May 4, 2018 application from Zoe Zen, Inc d/b/a Zoe Ma Ma, 2010 10th St, Boulder, CO 80302; Edwin Zoe, President and Registered Manager; with a premise business mailing address, for a renewal of a Beer and Wine type liquor license.
8. Public hearing and consideration of a June 21, 2018 application from Emmer and Sons, LLC d/b/a Emmerson, 1600 Pearl Street, Suite 100, Boulder, CO 80302; Benjamin Kaplan, Owner and Registered Manager; with a premise business mailing address, for a renewal of a Hotel-Restaurant type liquor license.
9. Public hearing and consideration of a May 21, 2018 application from Boardgames, Beer and Bites LLC d/b/a Boardgames, Beer and Bites, 2027 Broadway, Boulder CO 80302; Stacy Litwin, Owner and Manager; with a business mailing address of 2240 Gay Street, Longmont, CO 80501, for a new Beer and Wine type liquor license.
10. Public hearing and consideration of a June 7, 2018 application from SAS Inc d/b/a William Village Liquor, 655 30th Street, Boulder, CO 80303; Sushil Dahal, President, Secretary, Director, and Manager; with a premise business mailing address, for a transfer of a Retail Liquor Store type liquor license.
11. Matters from the Assistant City Attorney
a. 5-7-2. - Possession and Consumption of Alcoholic Beverages in Public Prohibited – clarification about an ordinance allowing full strength beer & wine consumption in the parks
12. Matters from the Licensing Clerk
a. Neighborhood boundary setting for applications for the August 15, 2018 BLA hearing – none this month
b. Breweries, Wineries, and Distilleries requests for local licensing authority input on Application for Colorado Liquor Sales Room –
i. Unnamed Beer Company LLC d/b/a Unnamed Beer Company– New Permanent Sales Room application for 2907 55th Street, Unit 1B, Boulder, CO 80301
ii. J and L Distilling Company d/b/a J and L Distilling- New Permanent Sales Room application for 4843 Pearl Street, Suites A1 and B1, Boulder CO 80301
c. Informational items
i. July Special Events and Temporary Modifications
ii. July Liquor License renewal mailing lists
iii. LED Email – June 8, 2018 – LED Communication
iv. LED Email – June 19, 2018 – Retail 3.2 License Conversion
v. LED Email – June 25, 2018 – Regulatory Agenda, Legislative Update and lodging and Entertainment Working Groups
vi. Email from Mishawn Cook to Members regarding Building Bridges – July 26, 2018 discussion reminder
vii. LED Email – June 29, 2018 – SB 18-243 Questions and Training
viii. LED Email – July 2, 2018 – Trade Practices and Delivery Subgroups
13. Matters from the Chair and Members of the Authority
For information, call (303) 441-3010. Any petitions or remonstrances pertaining to the above may be filed at the City of Boulder Finance Department, Sales Tax and Licensing Division, Brenton Building, 1136 Alpine Avenue, Boulder, Colorado 80304.
It is the City of Boulder’s practice to provide more notice than is required by law whenever possible. However, this practice shall not be used to invalidate any action taken with the minimum notice required by state law.
Final on Tuesday, July 3, 2018
Mishawn J. Cook, Licensing Administrator, CMC
Published on Sunday, July 8, 2018, in the Daily Camera newspaper