Beverage Licensing Authority Hearing
P U B L I C N O T I C E
CITY OF BOULDER
BEVERAGE LICENSING AUTHORITY H E A R I N G
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 19, 2018, 3:00 P.M.
MUNICIPAL BUILDING – 2ND FLOOR
1777 BROADWAY, BOULDER, COLORADO
1. Agenda Item:
i. Member roll call;
ii. Approval of Beverage Licensing Authority (BLA) minutes from August 15, 2018 hearing;
iii. Hearing agenda issues from licensing clerk.
2. Matters from the Boulder Police Department.
3. Matters from the Responsible Hospitality Group.
4. Fate Restaurants, LLC d/b/a Fate Ale House & Brewing Company, 1600 38th Street, Suite 100, Boulder, CO 80301-Monthly status renewal report to the BLA.
5. Show Cause hearing concerning a June 28, 2018 violation and whether the Brew Pub type liquor license held by Chicago America Holding, LLC d/b/a BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse, 1690 28th Street, Boulder, CO 80301, should be suspended or revoked.
6. Public hearing and consideration of a July 26, 2018 application from 909 Walnut Property, LLC d/b/a Arcana Restaurant, 909 Walnut Street, Boulder, CO 80302; 909 Walnut Property, LLC with Elliott Toan, Owner, and Anne Dawa Toan, Registered Manager, and with a premise business mailing address, for a renewal of a Hotel-Restaurant type liquor license.
7. Public hearing and consideration of a July 31, 2018 application from Cajun Cridder PS, LLC d/b/a French Quarter Brasserie, 1207 Pearl Street, Boulder CO 80302; Cajun Cridder PS, LLC with Joseph Crosswhite, COO; Fatim Crosswhite, CFO; Linda Hale, CMO and Andrew Bean, Registered Manager, and with a business mailing address of 1521 Boyd Pointe Way, Apt. 3301, Tysons, VA 22182, for a renewal of a Hotel-Restaurant type liquor license.
8. Public hearing and consideration of an August 16, 2018 application from CMG Ventures, LLC d/b/a West End Wine Shop, 777 Pearl Street, Unit C, Boulder CO 80302; CMG Ventures, LLC with Mark Geraghty, Manager, and Chelsea Geraghty, Manager, and with a business mailing address of 2850 5th Street, Boulder, CO 80302 for a renewal of a Retail Liquor Store type liquor license.
9. Public hearing and consideration of a July 2, 2018 application from Fortunato, LLC d/b/a Bacco Trattoria and Mozzarella Bar, 1200 Yarmouth Avenue, Unit A Boulder, CO 80304; Fortunato, LLC, Russell Mark, Member and Proposed Registered Manager, and Michelle Mark, Member, with a business mailing address of 321 Central Place, Kirkwood, MO 63122, for a transfer of a Hotel-Restaurant type liquor license.
10. Public hearing and consideration of a July 13, 2018 application from Rio Grande Mexican Restaurants, Inc. d/b/a Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant, 1101 Walnut Street Boulder, CO 80302; Rio Grande Mexican Restaurants, Inc. with Patrick McGaughran, President; Jason M. Barrett, CEO; R. Henry Mouton, Secretary, and Derek Stoldt, Registered Manager, with a business mailing address of 149 West Mountain Avenue, Fort Collins, CO 80524, for a Permanent Modification of a Hotel-Restaurant type liquor license
11. Public hearing and consideration of a July 16, 2018 application from Pickled Peppers, LLC. d/b/a Leaf, 1701 Pearl Street, Boulder, CO 80302; Lenny Martinelli, Co-Owner and Proposed Registered Manager; Sara Martinelli, Co-Owner, and Gerald Manning, Managing Member, with a business mailing address of 700 Main Street, Louisville, CO 80027, for a New Hotel-Restaurant type liquor license
12. Public hearing and consideration of a July 31, 2018 application from Hastatek Corporation d/b/a Boulder Beer and Liquor Emporium, 4700 Table Mesa Drive, Boulder, CO 80305; Bharat Karki, President and Manager, Bandana Karki, Treasurer, with a premise business mailing address, for a transfer of a Retail Liquor Store type liquor license
13. Matters from City Attorney’s Office
14. Matters from the Licensing Clerk
a. Neighborhood boundary setting for applications for the September 19, 2018 BLA hearing
i. Whole Foods Market Rocky Mountain/Southwest L.P. d/b/a Whole Foods Market for a New Fermented Malt Beverage off Premises type liquor license at 2905 Pearl Street, Boulder CO.
ii. Little Tibet Restaurant, LLC d/b/a Little Tibet Restaurant for a New Hotel-Restaurant type liquor license application at 4479 N. Broadway, Boulder CO.
b. Breweries, Wineries, and Distilleries requests for local licensing authority input on Application for Colorado Liquor Sales Room –
i. Stein Brewing Company d/b/a Stein Brewing Company - New Permanent Sales Room application for 2516 49th Street, Unit 5, Boulder, CO.
c. Informational items
i. August and September Special Events and Temporary Modifications
ii. September Liquor License renewal mailing lists
iii. LED Notice-Liquor Rules Working Group
iv. LED Agenda 08-27-2018 Liquor Working Group
v. LED Notice-Trade Practice/Delivery Subgroup
vi. LED-Agenda 8-27-2018 Trade Practice/Delivery Subgroup (TP)
vii. LED- 8-27-2018 TP/D Agenda and Draft Rules Notice
viii. LED-Trade Practice and Delivery Draft-8-27.2018
ix. Email-8-24-2018-CALM Bar Safety
x. Email-8-30-2018-CALM Bar Safety
15. Matters from the Chair and Members of the Authority
For information, call (303) 441-3010. Any petitions or remonstrances pertaining to the above may be filed at the City of Boulder Finance Department, Sales Tax and Licensing Division, Brenton Building, 1136 Alpine Avenue, Boulder, Colorado 80304.
It is the City of Boulder’s practice to provide more notice than is required by law whenever possible. However, this practice shall not be used to invalidate any action taken with the minimum notice required by state law.
Final on Wednesday September 5, 2018
Mishawn J. Cook, Licensing Manager, CMC
Published on Sunday, September 8, 2018, in the Daily Camera newspaper