The Arts Commission advises the City Council and local arts groups in connection with all matters relating to the artistic and cultural development of the city. The board also:
- To promote and encourage the development and public awareness of and interest in the fine and performing arts in the city;
- To perform such other functions associated with the arts as the council may from time to time direct;
- To make recommendations to the council with respect to annual budget appropriations for the arts;
- To assist in the preparation of applications for grants or other sources of funding for arts programs for the city;
- To administer the city arts grant program and other city arts programs pursuant to any authority provided therefore by ordinance of the council.
The Arts Commission generally meets on the third Wednesday of each month at 6 p.m. at the Boulder Public Library, where its administrative office is located.
Update March 2020: The City of Boulder has issued an emergency order that allows board and commission meetings to occur, as long as they are held remotely. Under the new order, the department director has the authority to schedule and hold a remote board and commission meeting. This includes Arts Commission meetings for the following circumstances:
- The meeting is necessary to award funds appropriated by City Council.
- The meeting is necessary to provide feedback for an item scheduled for action by City Council; or
- The meeting is necessary for another reason approved by the city manager.
The Boulder Arts Commission will convene in an online video meeting. Public observation and comment will be permitted for this meeting. To join the video conference, members of the community will be asked to make a request by email to [email protected] no later than noon on the Tuesday preceding the meeting.
- Staff Liaison - Matt Chasansky at 303-441-4113
The Arts Commission consists of five members appointed by City Council, each to a five-year term.
|Devin Hughes||[email protected]||720-239-3627||2017-2022|
|Kathleen McCormick (chair)||[email protected]||303-817-2088||2016-2023|
|Bruce Borowsky (vice chair)||[email protected]||303-800-4647||2019-2024|
|Georgia Schmid||[email protected]||619-228-3237||2020-2025|
|Eboni Freeman||[email protected]||678-632-3218||2021-2026|
|Maria Cole||[email protected]||303-949-9094||2021-2026|
|Caroline Kert||[email protected]||720-466-3530||2021-2025|
Upcoming Commission Meetings
- Jan. 20, 2021
- Feb. 17, 2021
- Mar. 17, 2021
- Apr. 21, 2021
- May 19, 2021
- June 16, 2021
- July 21, 2021
- Aug. 18, 2021
- Sept. 15, 2021
- Oct. 20, 2021
- Nov. 17, 2021
- Dec. 15, 2021
** Regular October meeting to be replaced by the annual retreat