The Arts Commission advises the City Council and local arts groups in connection with all matters relating to the artistic and cultural development of the city. The board also:
- To promote and encourage the development and public awareness of and interest in the fine and performing arts in the city;
- To perform such other functions associated with the arts as the council may from time to time direct;
- To make recommendations to the council with respect to annual budget appropriations for the arts;
- To assist in the preparation of applications for grants or other sources of funding for arts programs for the city;
- To administer the city arts grant program and other city arts programs pursuant to any authority provided therefore by ordinance of the council.
The Arts Commission generally meets on the third Wednesday of each month at 6 p.m. at the Boulder Public Library, where its administrative office is located.
- Staff Liaison - Matt Chasansky at 303-441-4113
The Arts Commission consists of five members appointed by City Council, each to a five-year term.
|Mark Villarreal (chair)||[email protected]||303-494-9299||2016-2021|
|Devin Hughes||[email protected]||720-239-3627||2017-2022|
|Kathleen McCormick (vice chair)||[email protected]||303-442-8020||2016-2023|
|Erica Joos||[email protected]||847-910-1338||2017-2020|
|Bruce Borowsky||[email protected]||2019-2024|
Upcoming Commission Meetings
- Oct. 16, 2019 - Boulder Museum of Contemporary Art, 1750 13th St.*
- Nov. 20, 2019 - Main Library, 1001 Arapahoe Ave., Boulder Creek Room
- Dec. 18, 2019 - Main Library, 1001 Arapahoe Ave., Boulder Creek Room
Once the 2019 grant cycle has ended, some of the meetings may be scheduled offsite to give commission members the opportunity to visit arts and cultural organizations in the Boulder community.
*The October meeting will be replaced by the Annual Retreat