Human Relations Commission
The function of the Human Relations Commission is to foster mutual respect and understanding and to create an atmosphere conducive to the promotion of amicable relations among all members of the Boulder community.
Group interviews for the 2017 applicants to Boards and Commissions will be held in 1777 West Conference Room of the Municipal Building and will take place on:
•Thursday, March 9
•Tuesday, March 14
•Thursday, March 16
Boards will be assigned a date and time for group interviews soon after the application process closes in February.
The Human Relations Commission strives to:
- Celebrate and encourage understanding of the diversity of the city's population;
- Encourage education programs with the potential to change ideas and attitudes;
- Conduct research to define key issues in the community in order to suggest appropriate changes to ordinances and policies; and
- Enforce the City of Boulder's Human Rights Ordinance that prohibits discrimination by serving as a quasi-judicial hearing board for human rights ordinance cases.
The Human Relations Commission generally meets the third Monday of the month at 6 p.m. in City Council Chambers, 1777 Broadway.
- Human Services Director: Karen Rahn at 303-441-3161
- Staff Liaison: Carmen Atilano at 303-441-3141
- Board Secretary: Linda Gelhaar at 303-441-1911
Human Relations Commission Members
|NAME||CONTACT INFORMATION||PHONE||APPOINTMENT DATES|
|Shirly White, Chairperson||
|Emilia Pollauf, Deputy Chairpersonemail@example.com||720-560-1771||2013-2018|
Next Human Relations Commission Meeting
Next Regular Meeting Date: Monday, February 27, 2017 6 p.m.
Location: City of Boulder, 1777 Broadway, 1777 West Conference Room
2016 Human Relations Commission Meeting Dates
|December 12, 2016|
|January 9, 2017 Agenda
February 27, 2017
March 20, 2017
April 17, 2017
May 15, 2017
June 19, 2017
July 17, 2017
August 21, 2017
September 18, 2017
October 16, 2017
November 20, 2017
December 18, 2017