Next Landmarks Board Meeting
The Landmarks Board meets monthly to review applications for demolition, landmark designation, and Landmark Alteration Certificates. Visit the About the Landmarks Board page for more information.
Landmarks Board Meeting
Monday, Feb. 4, 2019 at 6 p.m.
1777 Broadway, Municipal Building, City Council Chambers
(correlating materials will be posted by January 25, 2019)
1. Call to Order
2. Approval of minutes from the December 5, 2018 meeting
3. Public Participation for Non-Public Hearing Items
4. Discussion of Landmark Alteration, Demolition Applications issued and pending
• Statistical Report for November
• 1836 Pearl St. – Stay-of-Demolition expires February 19, 2019
• 940 North St. - Stay-of-Demolition expires April 28, 2019
5. Public Hearings
A. Public hearing and consideration of a Landmark Alteration Certificate to construct a new 2,735 sq. ft. two-story house and a new 576 sq. ft. detached garage at 735 14th St. in the University Place Historic District, pursuant to Section 9-11-18 of the Boulder Revised Code, 1981 (HIS2019-00008). Owner / Applicant: David Raduziner & Diana Verrilli / David Raduziner & Diana Verrilli and Steven Walsh
B. Public hearing and consideration of a Landmark Alteration Certificate to demolish a 1,500 sq. ft. non-contributing building and, in its place, construct a new 2,141 sq. ft. house at 745 14th St. in the University Place Historic District, pursuant to Section 9-11-18 of the Boulder Revised Code, 1981 (HIS2019-00009). Owner / Applicant: David Raduziner & Diana Verrilli / David Raduziner & Diana Verrilli and Steven Walsh
C. Public hearing and consideration of a motion to adopt a resolution to initiate the process for the designation of the property at 1836 Pearl St., (on which a stay-of-demolition was imposed on Oct. 3, 2018), as an individual landmark pursuant to Section 9-11-3, of the Boulder Revised Code, 1981 (HIS2018-00239). Owner: Chris Hulse / Applicant: City of Boulder Landmarks Board
D. Public hearing and consideration of a demolition permit application for the house and garage located at 2326 Goss St., a non-landmarked building over 50 years old, pursuant to Section 9-11-23 of the Boulder Revised Code, 1981 (HIS2018-00372). Owner / Applicant: Jack Basart / Rodrigo Garcia, Anderson-Garcia Construction
6. Matters from the Landmarks Board, Planning Department, and City Attorney
A. Historic Preservation Plan Update – Board Discussion on Draft Revisions
B. Update Memo
C. Subcommittee Updates:
• Demolition Review for Non-Designated Accessory Buildings / Design Guidelines for Designated Garages (Bill, Ronnie and John)
• Film and Lecture Series
• Community Outreach Brochure (Bill)
7. Debrief Meeting/Calendar Check
PUBLIC HEARING PROCEDURES
Board members who will be present are:
Fran Sheets, Chair
John Decker, Vice Chair
Liz Payton *Planning Board representative without a vote
The Landmarks Board is constituted under the Landmarks Presentation Ordinance (Ordinance No. 4721; Title 9, Chapter 11, Boulder Revised Code, 1981) to designate landmarks and historic districts, and to review and approve applications for Landmark Alteration Certificates on such buildings or in such districts.
Public hearing items will be conducted in the following manner:
1. Board members will explain all ex-parte contacts they may have had regarding the item.*
2. Those who wish to address the issue (including the applicant, staff members and public) are sworn in.
3. A historic preservation staff person will present a recommendation to the board.
4. Board members will ask any questions to historic preservation staff.
5. The applicant will have a maximum of 10 minutes to make a presentation or comments to the board.
6. The public hearing provides any member of the public three minutes within which to make comments and ask questions of the applicant, staff and board members.
7. After the public hearing is closed, there is discussion by board members, during which the chair of the meeting may permit board questions to and answers from the staff, the applicant, or the public.
8. Board members will vote on the matter; an affirmative vote of at least three members of the board is required for approval. The motion will state: Findings and Conclusions.
* Ex-parte contacts are communications regarding the item under consideration that a board member may have had with someone prior to the meeting.
All City of Boulder board meetings are digitally recorded and are available from the Central Records office at (303) 441-3043. A full audio transcript of the Landmarks Board meeting becomes available on the city of Boulder website approximately ten days after a meeting. Action minutes are also prepared by a staff person and are available approximately one month after a meeting.
2019 Landmarks Board Meeting Dates and Application Submittal Deadlines
|Deadline||LB Meeting Date|
|Dec. 5||January 2|
|Jan. 10||February 4|
|Feb. 7||March 6|
|March 7||April 3|
|April 4||May 1|
|May 9||June 5|
|July 5||August 7|
|Aug. 8||September 4|
|Sept. 5||October 2|
|Oct. 10||November 6|
|Nov. 7||December 4|
|Dec. 5||January 8|