Twin Lakes Stakeholder Group
Home | About the Plan | The Update | Get Involved | Key Resources & Maps | Contact Us | Get Weekly Updates
TWIN LAKES STAKEHOLDER GROUP
In March, the Boulder City Council and Boulder County Commission adopted a joint resolution to hold facilitated discussions addressing two requests for land use changes as part of the Boulder Valley Comprehensive Plan update. The requests are for the properties at 6655 and 6500 Twin Lakes Road and 0 Kalua Road. Details about those proposals can be found on the interactive map of land use change requests under requests 35 and 36.
Representatives from the Boulder County Housing Authority, Boulder Valley School District and the Twin Lakes Action Group (TLAG) will discuss and agree to an overall process, group protocols and strive to make recommendations as described in the joint City-County resolution.
Stakeholder questions and staff responses
- Responses to questions submitted ty TLAG at the start of the process
- Responses to public comment questions from May 11 to June 30
- Comments on topics raised during June public meetings
Past meetings and resources
The meetings for the stakeholder group finished on July 20. You can find the agendas, materials distributed at the meeting and meeting summaries in the following folders.
Meeting 6 -- Public Open House Wednesday, June 22
- Meeting 7 materials including agenda, wetland delineation reports, staff response to questions regarding open space and community comments
Motion adopted by City Council and County Commissioners
This is the text of the jointly adopted motion outlining the goals of the facilitation process:
Move that the Boulder Valley Comprehensive Plan (BVCP) Requests No.35 and No.36 be further considered and analyzed, with the following request: That Boulder County Housing Authority, Boulder Valley School District, and Twin Lakes Action Group engage in an open and transparent facilitated discussion comprised of representatives of each group who are vested with the authority to speak for and bind their respective constituents. Each group should have equal representation and the discussion should be facilitated by an independent facilitator selected by the City of Boulder, with facilitator compensation shared between the City of Boulder and Boulder County. Boulder Valley School District shall be requested to be part of the process and if agreeable to pay an equitable share of the costs.
The three groups are expected to do the following, with the timing of work to align with the BVCP process:
- Jointly formulate recommendations for areas of expertise and selection of experts to inform the desired land use patterns for the area. The areas for study should include the suitability for urban development, desired land use patterns, and environmental constraints.
- Jointly recommend the appropriate range of potential housing units with consideration given to intensity and community benefit, regardless of who holds title to the property.
- Following the outcome of the BVCP process and 1 and 2 above, jointly recommend a timeline for the formulation of a set of guiding principles to inform next steps.
While Council requests these groups engage in such good faith facilitated discussions, the failure of such discussions, for any reason, shall not affect Council's determination that BVCP Requests No.35 and No.36 be further considered and analyzed.