Community Mediation Service
The City of Boulder Community Mediation Service assists in resolving disputes for City of Boulder residents in the areas of landlord-tenant, roommates, neighbors, seniors, parent/teen, teen/teen, victim/offender, community groups, schools, inter-employee for non-profit agencies, City of Boulder, race and cross-cultural relations, and human rights.
Mediation is based on open communication and a sincere desire to resolve the dispute and participation is voluntary.
A large percentage of the work done by the Community Mediation Service involves landlord and tenant issues and we have created a section of resources dealing specifically with these relationships.
Flood-related Questions and Answers for Landlords and Tenants
The City of Boulder Community Mediation Program hosted a question and answer (Q&A) session with local landlord-tenant attorneys on Thursday, Sept. 26, 2013. The program was free and open to the public. Attorneys answered flood-related questions and explained legal rights under the Colorado landlord-tenant law, including the warranty of habitability.
Four-part Video Series: The Sept. 26 Q&A session was divided into four annotated videos, allowing viewers to skip ahead to the specific sections most relevant to them. To view:
- annotated videos - select the "Boulder Flood Info" link below and select "Landord and Tenant Relations" tab.
- four complete videos - select the "Flood Q&A for Landlord and Tenants Complete Videos" link below.
In Restorative Justice the crime is viewed as a violation of people, interpersonal relationships and the community rather than simply a violation of the law. It involves going into mediation with the victims of the crime and /or those with whom you committed the crime.
Contact the Community Mediation Service at 303-441-4364.
Boulder Flood Information
- Boulder County Housing Assistance
- Boulder Flood Info
- Emergency Family Assistance Association (EFAA)
- Flood Repair Program
- Housing & Financial Counseling Program
- Juntas en Febrero Sobre Recuperación De Inundación
- Long-Term Flood Recovery Group Flyer
- Long-Term Flood Recovery Group of Boulder County
- Resource List
- Tips for Landlords & Tenants in Navigating Rental Issues
- Videos: Flood Q&A for Landlords & Tenants
Community Mediation Service Related Links
Landlord Tenant Roommate Legal Resources
Landlord Tenant Roommate Resources
- Entry & Repairs Resource Center
- Eviction Resource Center
- Interest on Security Deposits Calculation Formula
- Landlord/Tenant Handbook
- Landlord/Tenant Handbook Espanol
- Landlord/Tenant Handbook PDF
- Lease Resource Center
- Move-Out Resource Center
- Normal Wear and Tear Examples
- Read This Before You Sign a Lease
- Rental Housing Licensing
- Roommate Resource Center
- Security Deposit Resource Center
- Suggestions for Avoiding Roommate Disputes
- Warranty of Habitability Form and Explanatory Information
- Warranty of Habitability Overview