The City of Boulder welcomes your feedback. Use our Inquire Boulder customer service tool to tell us what’s on your mind.

  • Participate & Engage
  • Doing Business Over
  • Inquire Boulder
  • Explore Boulder
  • Contact City Council
  • Open Data Catalog
  • Public Safety
  • Emergency Alert Sign Up
  • Customer Self Service Portal
  • Online Records Access

FAQ's for Municipal Prosecution

Back to main City Attorney's Office page

Welcome to the City of Boulder FAQ's Page for Municipal Prosecution.

Click on the drop-down menu below to read about frequently asked questions. 

Can I pay my traffic or parking ticket on-line?

Parking tickets and traffic tickets that are marked “Pay and Close” are eligible to be paid online. Please visit Pay Ticket Online or call 303-441-1810 to pay over the phone.

Can I reschedule my court date?

Prosecutors cannot change your court date. Please call the court at 303-441-1841.

What do I do if I have a warrant?

Please come to the Municipal Court between the hours of 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The court may be able to quash (remove) your warrant if a judge is available. If a judge is not available, you will receive a new court date and on that date you will be able to have your warrant quashed.

I am a witness in a case. What do I do?

If you received a subpoena, please return it to our office indicating your availability. A prosecutor should be reaching out to you to talk about the case. If you have not heard from a prosecutor or have questions, please do not hesitate to call 303-441-3025.

How do I get assistance from a Public Defender Attorney?

If your income falls below a certain level, you may qualify for a court appointed attorney. At your first court appearance, please inform the judge as early as possible if you would like to have a court appointed attorney.

How do I seal my record?

When you come to court, you can talk to the judge about the process of sealing your record. If you qualify to have your record sealed, there is an administrative fee set by the court.

I am a victim. How do I request restitution?

Our office will mail you a form requesting a summary of out of pocket expenses incurred as a result of the crime in which you were a victim. Please save all bills and receipts because we may need to show the court a complete record of your expenses. There is no guarantee you will receive restitution. The city is not responsible for providing restitution.  If restitution is ordered by the court, it is provided by the defendant in your case. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call 303-441-3025.

Can I speak with a prosecutor?

You may not request to speak to a prosecutor until you have seen a judge for your arraignment. If you have seen a judge and been informed of your charge(s) and rights, then please call 303-441-3025. A prosecutor may or may not be available to speak with you. If a prosecutor is unavailable, you may set your case for a Pre-Trial Conference (PTC). At a PTC, you will have the opportunity to meet with a prosecutor in person or discuss your case over the phone.

How can I contest my case?

After you have seen a judge and been informed of your rights and charge(s), you may request to speak with a prosecutor. He or she will meet with you to talk about the city’s position on your case. There is no guarantee your charges will be dropped. Your opportunity to contest your case is at a trial.

How do I request discovery (evidence)?

Please email [email protected] with your name, your relationship to the case (defendant, victim or witness), case number, and type of discovery requested. We can provide copies of tickets, reports and video evidence if it is available. We will contact you with information regarding when your discovery is ready.

I have more questions about Municipal Court. Where can I go?

If we were not able to answer your questions here, please visit the Municipal Court’s FAQs