OFFICE of SPECIAL EVENTS
All City of Boulder Special Event Applications must comply with related state and county guidance including compliance with Colorado’s Dial Framework for county “openness”. This framework recognizes unique local circumstances using an intuitive dial to visualize a community’s success in containing the spread of COVID-19. Click here to view the current Boulder County “Dial Status” and corresponding restrictions for special events. Please Email [email protected] for assistance.
Do I need a Special Event Permit?
A special event permit is required for all planned and promoted public activities conducted on public property that meet any of the following criteria:
- When the expected number of participants and spectators totals 50 or more people; and/or
- When using tents, structures and/or sound amplification; and/or
- When providing, selling or distributing alcohol and/or food to the public; and/or
- When using public right of ways (e.g., city streets, multi-use paths and sidewalks), and/or impacting vehicle, bike or bus traffic.
Special Event Guide
When planning a special event in Boulder, the Special Events Guide is an essential tool for event organizers navigating the permitting process to clarify deadline and requirements.
Please review the Special Events Guide prior to developing a special event concept and submitting a Special Event Application.
Special Event Permit Application
After developing a special event concept, submit a Special Event Permit Application request with requirements specified in the Special Event Guide. Submitting a Special Event Application does NOT reserve, hold or guarantee dates or venues, nor imply any approval of the proposed concept or event.
- Alcohol - Liquor License Instructions
- Alcohol - Liquor Permit for Public Property
- Alcohol - Questionnaire for Public Property
- Auction License Application
- Circus and Carnival License Application
- Filming Permit Application
- Food - Currently Licensed Mobile Food Vehicles
- Food - Mobile Food Vehicle Licensing
- Food - Open Burning/Open Flame Cooking Regulations
- Food - Vendor Guidelines from the Boulder Fire Department
- Generator Permit Application
- Open Burning / Open Flame Cooking Regulations
- Parking Services Application
- Pearl Street Mall Merchandise Sales Criteria
- Police Services Application to request Online Access
- Police Services - Online Access for Off Duty Officers
- Sales and Use Tax (Business) License
- Tent and Canopy Requirements
- Tent and Canopy Permit Application
- Zero Waste Requirements