Employees: How to Get Your Downtown Employee EcoPass
1. Check with your office EcoPass contact (often the office manager, human resource manager or owner) to receive an RTD EcoPass Authorization Form which needs to be filled out with the employee’s full legal name and signed by the authorized office EcoPass Contact.
2. Bring your signed RTD EcoPass Employee Authorization Form WITHIN 30 days of signing and a government issued photo ID to the Downtown Boulder Visitors Center at 1303 Pearl Street Mall. Forms must have original authorized signatures, and must be dated within 30 days of the current date; otherwise forms are invalid.
Downtown Boulder Visitors Center at 1303 Pearl Street Mall hours are:
- Mondays: 10:30 a.m. to 2:30p.m. (Closed on City of Boulder holidays)
Please note that City of Boulder and RTD holidays may not coincide. The City of Boulder Parking Services EcoPass office will not be open on New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Presidents' Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. If one of these holidays falls on a Monday, the City of Boulder will hold EcoPass hours on Tuesday after the holiday.
Lost, Stolen or Damaged EcoPass:
If you have lost your EcoPass or it is stolen, please get another RTD EcoPass Authorization Form from your employer and bring the completed form in during the posted hours. An EcoPass replacement fee of $10 is payable to RTD, which will deactivate your original Smart Card permanently. Payment for lost/stolen passes is made to RTD by check or money order only at the time you obtain your replacement photo ID. If the lost EcoPass is later found, it cannot be reactivated and RTD will not provide a refund. EcoPass cards determined by RTD to have been damaged by the holder will be charged the replacement fee.
RTD Services Available:
Your Boulder Parking Services Downtown Employee EcoPass Smart Card allows you to ride for FREE on all RTD services (excluding special services like the Broncos Ride and Rockies Ride) seven days a week for as long as you are an eligible employee. You can ride:
- Local Buses
- Express Buses
- Regional Buses
- SkyRide service to and from Denver International Airport (DIA) is now included at no additional fee in 2016 for EcoPass holders
- The "N" to Eldora Mountain ski resort
- All Community Transit Network buses like the HOP, SKIP, JUMP, BOUND, DASH, STAMPEDE and BOLT
- All call-n-Ride services
Thanks for taking transit to work while supporting the city of Boulder climate action plan!