Employer: Signing Up for the EcoPass Program
Employer and eligibility requirements
1. All new leaseholders within the CAGID and/or DBBID tax district will need to provide a copy of the first and last pages of the lease. This needs to include address and suite number, the start and end dates with a minimum of 6-months, and the landlord and occupants' signatures.
Employer is required to notify [email protected] if a business is moving from their location and/or no longer eligible for these passes.
The documents will be reviewed for compliance with our RTD master agent contract, which may take up to 10 business days.
2. In addition, new employers will need to fill out the New Employer Application
- Failure to comply with all RTD eligibility requirements may result in a financial liability and/or a loss of all EcoPass privileges to the employer for the remainder of the contract year.
- The employer is responsible for ensuring the eligibility of each employee that receives an EcoPass. Eligibility is limited to current employees working FULL TIME in Downtown Boulder. (“Full time is any employee scheduled to work, on average, 25 or more hours per week, and receive all other full time benefits”). Part time, non-paid, contract, temporary, and current CU students are NOT ELIGIBLE for this Boulder Parking EcoPass.
- The City of Boulder and RTD reserve the right to deactivate or confiscate any or all passes if it believes that the program has been misused in any way by a business or its employees.
- The City of Boulder and RTD reserve the right to request payroll records or other information during random audits to verify any individual’s active employment and full-time Boulder work status.
- All employers are required to immediately notify [email protected] via Email when an employee who holds an Eco Pass is separated or terminated. Failure to do so may result in a financial liability and/or a loss of all EcoPass privileges to the employer for the remainder of the contract year.
3. Please also complete the Authorized Signer Form in addition to completing the New Employer application. Only authorized signer can pick up the RTD EcoPass Authorization Forms. These forms are ONLY issued to the registered authorized signers, and each employee will need to arrive with a signed, original two-part form WITHIN 30 days of receiving the form, and their own photo ID (license; passport; state ID card) matching the LEGAL name that you will write in the Employee Name section, to complete the process. DO NOT send employees to the RTD Boulder Terminal – they must first obtain our signature on this form.
As an Authorized Signer, you can pick up the RTD EcoPass Authorization Forms at:
1. City of Boulder Community Vitality Department and Parking Services
1500 Pearl Street, Suite 302, Boulder, CO 80302
Parking Office Hours of Operation
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday: 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Closed daily: 12-12:30; Closed on City of Boulder Holidays
2. Downtown Boulder Visitors Center
1303 Pearl Street Mall
Mondays only from 10:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. (Closed on City of Boulder holidays)
This is the ONLY time you may request authorization forms at the Downtown Information Center
To add an additional authorized signer, please fill out the Authorized Signer Form.
Thanks for taking transit to downtown Boulder, freeing up parking for our customers and visitors, giving employees time to sit back and relax, and supporting the City of Boulder’s Climate Action Plan!