Martin Luther King Jr Day Celebration
2019 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Request for Proposals
The Human Relations Commission and the Youth Opportunities Advisory Board are soliciting proposals from local organizations that would like to organize an event for the City of Boulder Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Celebration on Jan. 19, 20 or 21, 2019.
Community groups and organizations are eligible to apply for grants of up to $1,000 for each event. Funds must be used for events that honor the life of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and inform the Boulder community about his work.
Factors to be considered in funding decisions include:
- Potential to attract and engage an audience; and
- Potential to extend insight into the life and dream of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
For information on eligibility criteria and to complete an application, please click on one of the Request for Proposals documents below:
See the poster and event listing below for information on last year’s City of Boulder Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Celebration.
Last Year's Martin Luther King Jr., Day Celebration
- Courageous CARE (Conversation, Action, Reflection, Empowerment) Panel Discussion
- 4th Annual Martin Luther King Jr. Youth Day of Service
- Dominique Christina: Poetic Justice in Honor of MLK Jr. Day
- Rally/March with Speakers and Music
- Peers Building Justice’s “Martin Luther King Day: A Racial Justice Conversation
- Showing Up for Racial Justice Workshop
- Community Speak-Out: Share Your Experience of Discrimination and Inclusivity in Boulder