Coronavirus Business Resources
The city’s Community Vitality Department is working with the Small Business Development Center (SBDC), Boulder Chamber, Boulder Convention & Visitors Bureau, Downtown Boulder Partnership, Latino Chamber of Boulder County, Boulder County and other partner organizations to appreciate, anticipate and appropriately respond to short- and long-term business needs. Information and resources for businesses impacted by the novel coronavirus will be shared here, as they are developed.
Thursday, March 26, 2020
On March 25, Gov. Jared Polis issued a statewide stay at home order. It is in effect through April 11 and may be extended if deemed necessary. It requires residents in Boulder and all across Colorado to stay home as much as possible except for critical activities.
Monday, March 23, 2020
Gov. Polis FAQ about March 22, 2020 Executive Order for Colorado employers to reduce in-person workforce by 50 percent
due to the presence of COVID-19 in the state. FAQ Gov. Polis Executive Order 03-22-20 .
Thursday, March 19, 2020
Governor Polis announced the state's application for federal disaster area designation has been approved and Colorado small businesses impacted by COVID-19 can seek small business loans up to $2 million as part of the Small Business Administration's Economic Injury Disaster Loan program.
News release: Gov. Polis secures federal loan assistance for Colorado's small businesses
Small Business Administration Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program
Resources & Information
Federal and State Resources (financial assistance, loans, grants, and lines of credit)
- Small Business Administration (SBA) Guidance and Loan Resources * UPDATED: Federal CARES Act Grants and Loans *
- Small Business Owners’ Guide to CARES Act
- Small Business Guide and Checklist for Coronavirus Emergency Loans
- SBA Local Assistance – Boulder Small Business Development Center
- State of Colorado COVID-19 Business Resource Center: Paycheck Protection Program Forgivable Loans, SBA Disaster Loans for Small Businesses, and more
Local Resources (business support, trainings and outreach)
- Boulder Chamber – COVID-19 Business and Community Resources
- Boulder Small Business Development Center – Online COVID-19 Business Response Trainings
- Downtown Boulder Partnership - #Love the Local
- Latino Chamber of Boulder County – COVID-19 Local Information and Resources
- City of Boulder – Small Business Support
Operating Safely and Supporting Social Distancing Guidelines
- Guidance for Businesses and Employers - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Public health orders and recommendations - Colorado Department of Public Health
- Social Distancing Self-Certification for Businesses - Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment
- Resources for Retail Food Establishments - Boulder County
- Coronavirus Resources for Employers and Workers - Colorado Department of Labor & Employment
- Colorado Work-Share Program - Colorado Department of Labor & Employment
- Article on managing remote work and virtual meetings - Harvard Business Review
For your employees
- For many resources for individuals and families, please visit the tab at the top of this page, called "Resources," under the Coronavirus image block. The City of Boulder is carefully tracking the needs of our community members relating to impacts from the COVID-19 coronavirus. This work is occurring in close coordination with Boulder County and the many community partners that provide services meeting the basic needs of the community. The link below, "COVID-19 Basic Needs Services Guide," is a summary of programs provided by the City of Boulder, Boulder County and key community partner agencies. Note that the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Department has determined that the use of COVID-19 public resources will not be counted against immigrants who are subject to “public charge” grounds of inadmissibility when applying for Green Cards.
- Access the COVID-19 Basic Needs Services Guide . Updated 3/20/2020
- Access to temporary job opportunities - Connecting Colorado webpage.