Board of Trustees Members will meet in person at the OSMP Hub. Members from the public are welcome to attend, however just virtually at this time. While members from the public are welcome to attend virtually, there will be no public participation. Join online meeting; Or join by phone: +1-719-359-4580; Meeting ID: 827 8485 8671
8:30 – 9:00 Welcome and Setting the Stage
9:00 – 11:10 SESSION ONE
9:00 – 10:00 Natural Values of OSMP Lands – Best Professional Judgments
- An interactive discussion between OSBT and staff regarding the condition of our natural lands.
- Introduction of OSMP Staff present
- Possible discussion topics may include:
- Where is OSMP directing its time, resources, and energies towards in stewarding our natural resources?
- Emerging trends - what’s changed over the past 20 or so years?
- What are upcoming opportunities that staff is looking forward to?
- Are HCAs functioning in ways we anticipated to address changing or emerging conditions?
- How can the OSBT support our natural resources program areas?
10:00 – 10:05 Break
10:05 – 11:00 Context Setting: Management Area Designation (MAD) processes, including for newly acquired properties, and Habitat Conservation Area (HCA) activation steps
- 15-minute staff presentation
11:00 – 11:10 Break
11:10 – 2:30 SESSION TWO
11:10 – 12:15 OSBT Rules of Procedures Review and Update
- Sections anticipated to be discussed, include:
- Article II. 4. Meetings; Article II.6 Public Participation; Article V.2; Article VI
12:15 – 1:15 Lunch and Brainstorm – Looking Ahead for 2023: Topic Discussions on the Horizon
1:15 – 2:15 Board and Staff Relationships
- Collaborating and partnering – How can we be most effective?
2:15 – 2:30 Wrap Up
- Outcomes/Takeaways/Next Steps