My roommate is not following the conditions of the lease. Can I evict my roommate?
Roommates cannot evict other roommates. Only the landlord can evict tenants. Eviction is a legal process that must take place in court. "Self-help" evictions, such as locking out roommates, removing a roommates's belongings without permission, etc., are not permissible.
I am considering moving in with a roommate for the first time. What kinds of questions and concerns should my prospective roommate and I discuss prior to moving in together?
See Suggestions for Avoiding Roommate Disputes under Landlord, Tenant and Roommate Resources
Landlord, Tenant and Roommate Resources
- Avoiding Roommate Disputes
- City of Boulder Interest on Security Deposits Calculation Formula
- Entry & Repairs FAQ
- Eviction FAQ
- General Lease and Termination of Lease FAQ
- Housing Choice Voucher-Section 8 for Landlords FAQ
- Landlord, Tenant and Roommate Resources
- Landlord-Tenant Handbook
- Manual De Arrendadores Y Arrendatarios
- Move-Out FAQ
- Normal Wear and Tear Examples
- Read This Before You Sign a Lease
- Rental Housing Licensing
- Roommate FAQ
- Security Deposit FAQ
- Warranty of Habitability Form and Information
- Warranty of Habitability Overview