Roommate Resource Center
My roommate is not following the conditions of the lease. Can I evict my roommate?
Roommates cannot evict each other. Only the landlord can evict tenants. Eviction is a legal process that must go through the courts. "Self-help" evictions, such as locking out roommates, etc, are not permissible.
I am considering moving in with a roommate for the first time. What kinds of questions and concerns should my prospective roommate and I discuss prior to moving in together?
See Suggestions for Avoiding Roommate Disputes under Landlord Tenant Roommate Resources .
Landlord Tenant Roommate Resources
- 2018 City of Boulder Interest on Security Deposits Calculation Formula
- Entry & Repairs Resource Center
- Eviction Resource Center
- Landlord/Tenant Handbook
- Landlord/Tenant Handbook Espanol
- Landlord/Tenant Handbook PDF
- Lease Resource Center
- Move-Out Resource Center
- Normal Wear and Tear Examples
- Read This Before You Sign a Lease
- Rental Housing Licensing
- Roommate Resource Center
- Security Deposit Resource Center
- Suggestions for Avoiding Roommate Disputes
- Warranty of Habitability Form and Explanatory Information
- Warranty of Habitability Overview
Landlord Tenant Roommate Sample Documents
- Boulder Model Lease Sample
- Check-in/Check-Out Form PDF
- Check-in/Check-Out Form Word
- Demand for Compliance or Right to Possession Notice (Three Day Notice)
- Sample Letter to Request Repairs
- Sample Letter to Suggest Mediation
- Sample Roommate Agreement
- Sample Seven Day Demand Letter
- Sample Sublease Form