Youth Opportunities Advisory Board (YOAB)
Who we are:
We are 16 high school students appointed by the City Manager to serve one-year renewable terms. We live in the City of Boulder and represent many aspects of Boulder's youth community including diverse cultures and backgrounds.
Interested in joining YOAB? Due to the COVID-19 virus, the application deadline has been extended until memebrship is complete.
Each spring, we encourage current 8th, 9th, 10th and 11th graders who live in the City of Boulder (including most of Gunbarrel) to apply for the next school year.
No previous leadership experience is necessary. New members are invited to join based on potential for positive contribution to the board’s work and capacity to represent the diversity of Boulder’s youth community.
Applications for the 2020-2021 school year are still available! Applications will be accepted until membership is complete.
What we do:
- Promote the youth voice in Boulder
- Plan and run our own meetings
- Advise City Council, city departments, and local agencies on youth-related issues
- Form actions teams to implement community projects to help address youth needs
- Organize a Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service
- Acknowledge outstanding youth volunteers in our community
- Distribute approximately $300,000 every year to local youth programs through competitive grants processes.
2019-2020 Youth Opportunities Advisory Board members
- Allie Cooradino
- Anelie Dahl
- Barclay Shove
- Diego Smet
- Eliana Valenzeula Cabriales
- Elienne Deshommes
- Elizabeth Wood
- Giacomo Bonetti
- Isobel Keig
- Mark Garcia
- Minya Ravisankar
- Nakalia Furumo
- Paola Garcia Barron
- Ricardo Reyes
- Sumanje Chigwenembe
- Tea Wright
|September 6, 2019||YOAB September Minutes|
|October 4, 2019||YOAB October Minutes|
|November 1, 2019||YOAB November Minutes|
|December 6, 2019||YOAB December Minutes|
|January 10, 2020||YOAB January Minutes|
Contact us for more information:
Brandon Blew, Youth Opportunities Program Coordinator
720-498-2482 or [email protected]