Youth Opportunities Advisory Board (YOAB)
Who we are:
We are 16 City of Boulder resident high school students who:
- Work to promote the youth voice in the community.
- Provide opportunities for city youth.
- Advise the municipal government on youth-related policies and issues.
We represent many aspects of Boulder’s youth community, are appointed by the City Manager, and serve one-year renewable terms.
Interested in joining YOAB?
Each spring, we encourage current 8th, 9th, 10th and 11th graders who live in the City of Boulder (including most of Gunbarrel) to apply for the next school year. No previous leadership experience is necessary.
A subcommittee of current YOAB members reviews the applications and interview applicants. New members will be invited to join based on their potential to positively contribute to the board’s work and their capacity to represent the diversity of Boulder’s youth community.
Applications for the 2019-2020 school year are now available! Applications will be accepted until Friday, April 21, 2019.
What we do:
- Distribute approximately $130,000 annually to local youth programs through competitive grant processes.
- Advise City Council, city departments, and local agencies on youth-related issues.
- Promote the youth voice in Boulder.
- Plan and run our own meetings.
- Implement community projects to help address youth needs through action teams.
2019-2020 Youth Opportunities Advisory Board members
- Allie Cooradino
- Anelie Dahl
- Barclay Shove
- Diego Smet
- Eliana Valenzeula Cabriales
- Elienne Deshommes
- Elizabeth Wood
- Giacomo Bonetti
- Isobel Keig
- Mark Garcia
- Minya Ravisankar
- Nakalia Furumo
- Paola Garcia Barron
- Ricardo Reyes
- Sumanje Chigwenembe
- Tea Wright
|September 7, 2018||YOAB September Minutes|
|October 5, 2018||YOAB October Minutes|
|November 2, 2018||YOAB November Minutes|
|December 7, 2018||YOAB December Minutes|
|January 11, 2019||YOAB January Minutes|
|February 1, 2019||YOAB February Minutes|
|March 1, 2019||YOAB March Minutes|
|April 5, 2019|
|May 3, 2019||YOAB May Minutes|
|June 7, 2019||YOAB June Minutes|
Contact us for more information:
Brandon Blew, Youth Opportunities Program Coordinator
720-498-2482 or [email protected]