All ceremonial fires within the City of Boulder require a permit issued through Boulder Fire-Rescue.
All applications must be completed and submitted at Boulder Fire-Rescue, 3065 Center Green Drive Boulder, CO 80301 or electronically to Chief Fire Marshall Dave Lowrey at [email protected]
Ceremonial Fire Requirements
- Permit for ceremonial fire issued by the fire department.
- The fire is contained in either a fire pit or a ceremonial “chantico.”
- A water source is available at all times.
- The fire is extinguished if winds exceeded 15 mph.
- Fire adheres to state and county requirements for air quality and burn restrictions.