Boulder Walks Program
In partnership with Colorado-based Walk2Connect, Boulder Walks provides opportunities for neighbors to connect with one another and with where they live and gives community members an active way to engage in GO Boulder's pedestrian planning activities. By walking and working together, we invest in a more walkable city.
Join us on an upcoming walk
Boulder Walks hosts walks in and around Boulder all year long. Check out the full calendar of events on the Boulder Walks Facebook page.
Walk with us to meet and connect with neighbors, share ideas and learn about local city projects. Please contact [email protected] for more information and to RSVP.
- Saturday, March 21, 9:00 am, South Boulder Recreation Center, 1360 Gillaspie Drive
- Saturday, April 18, 9:00 am, East Boulder Community Center, 5660 Sioux Drive
- Saturday, May 23, 9:00 am - Walk With Council - North Boulder Recreation Center, 3170 Broadway
- Saturday, June 20, 9:00 am - Walk With Council - West Age Well Center, 909 Arapahoe Avenue
- Saturday, July 18, 8:00 am, Tod's Espresso Cafe, 6558 Lookout Road, Gunbarrel
- Saturday, August 15, 9:00 am - Walk With Council - South Boulder Recreation Center, 1360 Gillaspie Drive
- Saturday, September 19, 10:00 am - Walk With Council, Spanish First (with English interpretation) - West Age Well Center, 909 Arapahoe Avenue
- Saturday, October 17, 9:00 am - East Boulder Community Center, 5660 Sioux Drive
- Saturday, November 21, 9:00 am - North Boulder Recreation Center, 3170 Broadway
- Saturday, December 19, 10:00 am - South Boulder Recreation Center, 1360 Gillaspie Drive
As a designated Gold-Level Walk Friendly Community, Boulder is a place where walking is both desirable and enjoyable. GO Boulder’s Boulder Walks program aims to celebrate and encourage walking as a travel choice for residents and employees. Why? Because walking not only supports whole-health outcome s, it also encourages a sense of connection to places and to people.
GO Boulder’s Boulder Walks program was initiated in summer 2013 as a part of the 2012-2014 Transportation Master Plan (TMP) update. In 2013 and 2014, Boulder Walks consisted of a series of walkabouts and walk audits with Boulder community members in neighborhoods across the city. In 2015, the program expanded to a series of community-based walks and walk audits. Check out the photo gallery from the 2014 walkabouts!
City of Boulder/GO Boulder
Amy Lewin, Senior Transportation Planner
Darcy Kitching, Boulder Program Coordinator