Boulder Walks Program
In partnership with Colorado-based Walk2Connect, Boulder Walks provides opportunities for neighbors to connect with one another and with where they live and gives community members an active way to engage in GO Boulder's pedestrian planning activities. By walking and working together, we invest in a more walkable city.
Join us on an upcoming walk
Boulder Walks hosts walks in and around Boulder all year long. Check out the full calendar of events on the Boulder Walks Facebook page.
Holiday Lights Happy Hour Hustles
Lighten up your midweek routine this December with Boulder Walks on a Holiday LIghts Happy Hour Hustle! Meet up with fellow Boulderites on the first three Wednesday evenings of December for a short guided walk through the Civic Area to see the lights, then circle back to a festive downtown destination for happy hour. We'll even warm up along the way at a different local coffee shop each week. These walks are family friendly and welcoming to all. Each walk begins at 5pm at a different location.
- December 4: Meet outside of Rosetta Hall, 1109 Walnut Street
- December 11: Meet outside of the Hotel Boulderado, 2115 13th Street
- December 18: Meet outside of the St. Julien Hotel, 900 Walnut Street
Bring friends and family, bundle up, and enjoy a fun walk through beautiful downtown Boulder! For more information and to RSVP, please contact [email protected].
Walk with us to meet and connect with neighbors, share ideas and learn about local city projects. Please contact [email protected] for more information and to RSVP.
- Saturday, Nov. 16, 10 a.m. - North Boulder Recreation Center, 3170 Broadway - Meet inside the lobby of the recreation center, near the front desk. We will walk about 2.5 miles total, to a coffee shop in the Community Plaza Shopping Center and back along local sidewalks and paths.
- Saturday, Dec. 21, 10 a.m. - East Boulder Community Center, 5660 Sioux Drive - Meet inside the community center lobby, near the front desk by the pool. We will walk about 3 miles total, to a coffee shop in the Meadows Shopping Center and back along local sidewalks and paths.
As a designated Gold-Level Walk Friendly Community, Boulder is a place where walking is both desirable and enjoyable. GO Boulder’s Boulder Walks program aims to celebrate and encourage walking as a travel choice for residents and employees. Why? Because walking not only supports whole-health outcome s, it also encourages a sense of connection to places and to people.
GO Boulder’s Boulder Walks program was initiated in summer 2013 as a part of the 2012-2014 Transportation Master Plan (TMP) update. In 2013 and 2014, Boulder Walks consisted of a series of walkabouts and walk audits with Boulder community members in neighborhoods across the city. In 2015, the program expanded to a series of community-based walks and walk audits. Check out the photo gallery from the 2014 walkabouts!
City of Boulder/GO Boulder
Amy Lewin, Senior Transportation Planner
Darcy Kitching, Boulder Program Coordinator