Boulder Walks Program
In partnership with Colorado-based Walk2Connect, Boulder Walks provides opportunities for neighbors to connect with one another and with where they live and gives community members an active way to engage in GO Boulder's pedestrian planning activities. By walking and working together, we invest in a more walkable city.
Join us on an upcoming walk
Boulder Walks hosts walks in and around Boulder all year long. Check out the full calendar of events on the Boulder Walks Facebook page.
Walks With Council
Join us to walk and talk with members of City Council and discuss local projects. We will walk about 2 miles total, ending with coffee and conversation. Please contact [email protected] for more information and to RSVP.
- Saturday, Aug. 17, 9 a.m., East Boulder Community Center, 5660 Sioux Drive - Meet outside of the main door to the community center. Council Member Bob Yates will join us.
- Saturday, Sept. 21, 10 a.m., West Senior Center, 909 Arapahoe Ave. - Meet inside the front lobby of the senior center, near the front desk. Council Member Mary Young will join us. Please note: this event will be led primarily in Spanish, with specific outreach to Spanish-speaking members of our community.
- Saturday, Oct. 19, 10 a.m., South Boulder Recreation Center, 1360 Gillaspie Dr. - Meet outside of the main door to the senior center. Council member TBD.
Walk with us to meet and connect with neighbors, share ideas and learn about local city projects. Please contact [email protected] for more information and to RSVP.
- Saturday, Nov. 16, 10 a.m. - East Boulder Community Center, 5660 Sioux Drive - Meet inside the community center lobby, near the front desk by the pool. We will walk about 3 miles total, to a coffee shop in the Meadows Shopping Center and back along local sidewalks and paths.
- Saturday, Dec. 21, 10 a.m. - North Boulder Recreation Center, 3170 Broadway - Meet inside the lobby of the recreation center, near the front desk. We will walk about 2.5 miles total, to a coffee shop in the Community Plaza Shopping Center and back along local sidewalks and paths.
As a designated Gold-Level Walk Friendly Community, Boulder is a place where walking is both desirable and enjoyable. GO Boulder’s Boulder Walks program aims to celebrate and encourage walking as a travel choice for residents and employees. Why? Because walking not only supports whole-health outcome s, it also encourages a sense of connection to places and to people.
GO Boulder’s Boulder Walks program was initiated in summer 2013 as a part of the 2012-2014 Transportation Master Plan (TMP) update. In 2013 and 2014, Boulder Walks consisted of a series of walkabouts and walk audits with Boulder community members in neighborhoods across the city. In 2015, the program expanded to a series of community-based walks and walk audits. Check out the photo gallery from the 2014 walkabouts!
City of Boulder/GO Boulder
Amy Lewin, Senior Transportation Planner
Darcy Kitching, Boulder Program Coordinator