Winter Bike to Work and School Day 2015
300 Days of Sun + 150 Miles of Bikeways = Ride All Year!
Join the seventh annual Winter Bike to Work and School Day on Wednesday, Jan. 28 , by registering your ride. Make your trip count and be entered into a drawing for winter riding gear, bike lights, commuting workshops and more – just register by noon on Jan. 28.
Winter Bike to Work and School Day is a partnership between the City of Boulder, Boulder Valley School District, Boulder County and the University of Colorado Boulder, and is coordinated by Community Cycles.
- Alfalfa’s: 1651 Broadway
- Boulder Cycle Sport (South): 629 S. Broadway, Suite K
- BVSD food truck at Boulder High School: 1604 Arapahoe Ave.
- Community Cycles: 2805 Wilderness Place, Suite 1000
- CU Bike Program: UMC front plaza, east of the underpass at Euclid and Broadway
- IBMA/Survey Gizmo: southeast side of Pearl Street and Foothills Parkway
- Moe’s Broadway Bagel: 3267 28th St.
- Moe’s Broadway Bagel: 3075 Arapahoe Ave.
- Moe’s Broadway Bagel: 2650 Broadway
- Page 2: 6565 Gunpark Dr., Gunbarrel
- Pedal to Properties: 2014 Pearl St.
- Rally Sport Health and Fitness: 2727 29th St.
- St. Julien Hotel and Spa: 900 Walnut St.
- Trader Joe's: 1906 28th St.
- Via Mobility Services: 2855 N. 63rd St.
- One of four free passes to the Old Man Winter Bike Rally
- One of eight $20 Sports Authority Gift Cards
- One of 10 passes for free admission to Community Cycles workshops
If it snows, City of Boulder crews will begin plowing the major multi-use paths and on-street bike lanes at the same time as the major roadways. The Boulder Creek and Broadway paths are plowed first, followed by the Foothills Parkway path and then other city Greenways paths. University of Colorado (CU) facilities maintenance staff will remove snow from the section of the Broadway path between Baseline Road and University Avenue. All other multi-use paths will be maintained by the City of Boulder or adjacent property owner.For tips and resources regarding winter riding, visit:
- GO Boulder
- Boulder County Transportation Department, Multimodal Division
- University of Colorado Boulder Environmental Center
- Boulder Valley School District TO School Program
- Sports Authority Boulder
- Oskar Blues
(presenting the Old Man Winter Bike Rally on Feb. 8. Two routes, hot food, cold beer, live music, and prizes. Save $10 when you register with code AXBIKE.