Proposed Highland Lawn Historic District
Proposed Expanded Highland Lawn Historic District (2019)
- April 12, 2019 - Historic District Application submitted by more than 25% of the affected property owners.
- May 22, 2019 - Landmarks Board held an Initiation Hearing and voted to move forward with the historic district process (3-0, Ronnie Pelusio absent; Fran Sheets recused).
- June 13 - Staff attended a neighborhood meeting to anwser questions and provide information on the process.
- June 24 - Questionnaire mailed to each property owner to document support/opposition to the creation of a historic district.
- August 7 - Landmarks Board Designation Hearing
- If Landmarks Board recommends designation to City Council on August 7th:
- Planning Board Public Hearing held within 45 days
- City Council Public Hearing held within 100 days
- If Landmarks Board recommends denial of the application to City Council on August 7th:
- Decision subject to a 45-day call up period by the City Council;
- Owners of 25% of the properties may file an appeal to the City Council within 21 days of the Landmarks Board's recommendation.
Resources Related to This Application
- Historic District Application dated April 12, 2019
- May 22, 2019 Landmarks Board Memo - Initiation of Historic District Designation
- May 22, 2019 Landmarks Board Meeting - Staff Presentation
- May 22, 2019 Landmarks Board - Initiation Resolution of Historic District Designation
- May 22, 2019 Landmarks Board Minutes
- August 7, 2019 Landmarks Board Memo (placeholder)
General Historic Preservation Resources
- Incentives for Local Historic District Designation
- State Historic Preservation Tax Credit Information (External Link)
History of the Highland Lawn Neighborhood
- Highland Lawn and University Hill Survey Report, 1990
- Tax Assessor Card Photographs for the 400 Block of Marine Street (c.1929-1960s)
- Reference the May 22 Landmarks Board Memo (link above)
Highland Lawn Historic District
The Highland Lawn Historic District was designated in 2005 and includes 19 properties on the 500 block of Marine Street. Here are some resources:
James Hewat, Senior Historic Preservation Planner - (303) 441-3207 or [email protected]
Marcy Cameron, Historic Preservation Planner II (303) 441-3209 or [email protected]