Permanently Affordable Homeownership Program Dependent Preference
To help improve the opportunities for larger households with dependents to purchase appropriately sized homes, a dependent preference is included in the selection tiers for some homes. This includes all three-bedroom homes and some larger two bedroom homes. The selection details for each home listing will indicate if this preference is applicable.
Dependent Preference Criteria
- Households of three or more people that work in Boulder and at least one member is a dependent will have the highest preference category for all permanently affordable homes with the dependent preference designation.
- Within that preference category, the household with the greatest number of dependents will have the highest priority.
- If two or more households have the same number of dependents, the standard work in Boulder/work in Boulder over 1 year/certified-for-a-year preferences will apply.
- Households of two with one dependent will have preference over a household without a dependent no matter the number of people in the non-dependent household.
To be classified as a dependent the person needs to live in the home at least 50% of the year and meet at least one of the following:
- Be under the age of 18;
- Be a full-time student between the ages of 18 to 26; or
- Is dependent on another household member or members to accomplish daily living tasks.
A married spouse, domestic partner, or an unmarried partner (i.e. boyfriend/girlfriend) is not considered a dependent.
Notice of Nondiscrimination
The City of Boulder, Division of Housing does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation or military status in any of its programs, services or activities.
The Department of Housing and Human Services, upon request, will provide appropriate aids and services leading to effective communication for qualified persons with disabilities so they can participate equally in programs, services and activities. Anyone who requires an auxiliary aid, communication service, or a reasonable accommodation to participate in a program, service, or activity of the Department, should call the ADA/Section 504 Coordinator at 303-441-3231. For hearing or speech impaired residents, please dial 7-1-1 for Relay Colorado.
For more information on legal notices and resources, visit: bouldercolorado.gov/housing/legal-notices