Boulder's Housing Story
Boulder is a great place to live, creating a high demand for housing - but there is limited space available for new homes.
• Boulder’s shrinking economic middle ($80,000 to $150,000 annual household income).
• Detached single-family homes are increasingly only affordable to the wealthy.
• Attached condos and apartments are more affordable, but less appealing to families.
• Almost 47 percent of Boulder workers live in surrounding communities.
• Shifting demographics, especially aging, and changes in housing preferences.
• How to foster diverse housing options in existing residential areas.
• How best to guide redevelopment to address Boulder’s housing challenges.
- September 2016 - Draft Middle Income Housing Strategy
- January 2016 - Middle Income Housing Study
- Jan. 26, 2015 - Toolkit of Housing Options
- Sept. 16, 2014 - 2003-2014 Housing, Population, & Employment Data
- September 2014 - Summary of Large Site Review Approvals
- May 12, 2014 - Housing Choice Survey & Analysis
- July 2, 2013 - Housing Market Analysis