Project Update: Review the Call for Offers- Updated 3/15/19
The city response to questions from both informational meetings and the city estimate of the benefit of Boulder Housing Partners meeting the Inclusionary Housing requirement and the cost of the Below Market Commercial space may be found here: Q&A PDF
BHP, the city housing authority, is charged with completing the site level planning, utility and affordable housing entitlements of this project. The three sites for sale must be developed in coordination and corporation with BHP’s properties.
Click Chart to enlarge
Boulder Junction is a 160-acre redevelopment area that is being transformed into a mixed-use, pedestrian-oriented neighborhood with regional transit connections and public spaces that will benefit the entire community. The vision for the area is guided by the 2007 Transit Village Area Plan (TVAP).
The impetus for Boulder Junction began in 2000, when the City of Boulder initiated a planning effort for a transit-oriented development (TOD), in anticipation of new transit facilities.
Advance Boulder’s long-range vision for a TOD that maximizes public investment in multimodal transportation, infrastructure improvements and affordable housing;
Create a mixed-use development with predominantly residential uses and some supporting commercial uses;
Create a range of housing types, including up to 50 percent permanently affordable housing, and;
Create a mix of ownership and rental housing.
- First Quarter 2019- A ‘Call for Offers’ will be noticed for the selection of a buyer(s) for the market quadrants on the site, quadrants 1, 3, and 4 north
- Fourth Quarter City Council voted in support of Boulder Housing Partners as Joint Master Developer for the site
- Third Quarter The city announced on August 13,2018 that it will seek a new partner in the 30th and Pearl project.
- First Quarter 2018
- City Council voted in support of a motion authorizing the City Manager to enter a joint development with Zocolo Community Development for the development of the site
- Third Quarter 2017
- City Council voted to approve staff’s recommendation for the redevelopment of the site with Zocalo Community Development as the partner
- Staff and Zocalo Community Development draft Joint Development Agreement
- Second Quarter 2017 – Selection process began
- First Quarter 2017 – Council approval of developer solicitation and future selection process
[email protected] is the preferred way to contact staff for questions and answers about 30 Pearl.
Notice of Nondiscrimination
The City of Boulder, Division of Housing does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation or military status in any of its programs, services or activities.
The Department of Housing and Human Services, upon request, will provide appropriate aids and services leading to effective communication for qualified persons with disabilities so they can participate equally in programs, services and activities. Anyone who requires an auxiliary aid, communication service, or a reasonable accommodation to participate in a program, service, or activity of the Department, should call the ADA/Section 504 Coordinator at 303-441-3231. For hearing or speech impaired residents, please dial 7-1-1 for Relay Colorado.
For more information on legal notices and resources, visit: bouldercolorado.gov/housing/legal-notices