At the City of Boulder, we provide competitive salaries and valuable benefits to our employees. Eligibility for benefits is determined by the employee’s position.
- Retirement: Defined benefit plan through Colorado PERA and optional 401(k) and 457 plans
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance: Up to 1.5 times annual salary, depending on the employee group
- Medical Insurance: Four medical options available through Cigna Healthcare
- Dental Insurance: Two dental options available through Delta Dental of Colorado
- Vision Insurance: Two vision options available through VSP
- Voluntary Supplemental Benefits:
- Accident, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity
- Legal Assistance
- Identity Theft Protection available through LegalShield*
- Pet Insurance available through PetsBest*
- Additional Life Insurance for yourself and dependents available through The Standard
- Employee Assistance Program: Confidential resources and secure tools to help employees or guide them through difficult times
- Leave Programs: Vacation leave, paid parental leave, sick leave, emergency leave and more
- Holidays: Ten full-day holidays and two half-day holidays, depending on employee group and hours worked
- Well-Being Program: Recreation Center passes, wellness education, training classes, wellness challenges, insurance premium discounts and more
- Tuition Reimbursement: Funds toward accredited college or university courses related to a career/development plan or organizational business needs
- Other Benefits: Short-term and Long-term disability, flexible spending plan choices, health savings accounts, free transportation passes and more
- Discounts: Special savings on various purchasing or services such as childcare, fitness facilities, computers, phone plans, home and auto insurance, financial services and more
* Coming in 2019
Employees are eligible for retirement pension benefits through the Colorado Public Employees' Retirement Association (PERA). Visit for more information.
Supplemental retirement plan options include a 401(k) plan through PERA and a 457 plan through ICMA-RC. Visit and ICMA-RC for details.
The City of Boulder has selected MDLive to provide you with 24/7/365 access to board-certified primary care doctors and pediatricians by secure video, phone or e-mail if you are enrolled in one of the City’s four medical plans.
Whether you are at home, work, traveling or in need of a convenient way to visit a doctor without having to sit in an office, MDLive is easy and convenient to use. If you are enrolled in the $1,000 Deductible plan you will only pay your copay. If you are enrolled in the $1,500 or $5,000 High Deductible plan, you will pay a consult fee.
When to use MDLive? - If you are considering going to the Emergency Room or Urgent Care for a non-emergency medical issue because your primary care doctor is unavailable, if you have sick kids at home, are traveling or are at work and cannot make it to the doctors office, MDLive is very useful.
What can be treated through MDLive?
- Colds and Flu
- Ear Infections
- Sinus/Respiratory Infections
- Joint Aches and Pains
How to use MDLive? - Signing Up is Easy! Set up and create an account at www.MDLive.com/cob or by calling 888-726-3171.
- Enter your name, gender, date of birth and your Cigna ID (from your ID Card)
- Complete your medical history using MDLive "virtual clipboard"
- Download the MDLive app to your smartphone/mobile device
Learn more about 24/7 Care with MDLive