Human Services Planning
Our mission is to research, evaluate and implement innovative social policy through regional collaborative planning and community funding.
About the HSP
- We work with many kinds of organizations to plan for the future needs of Boulder residents and provide support for the community to meet Boulder's current human service needs.
- We coordinate the department’s planning processes for the Housing and Human Services Master Plan, community projects and coordination with other departments across the city.
- We use national and state planning and policy perspectives to focus on issues that have strategic, local impact. We provide:
- information about and analysis of community social and human service issues;
- development of community solutions to social concerns;
- policy analysis and development;
- surveys and assessments of needs, trends and best practices
- technical assistance for nonprofit organizations to build community capacity;
- evaluation of city funding investments;
- partnerships with community and government organizations to provide comprehensive, coordinated, integrated human services; and
- funding to nonprofit organizations to support community services.