News and Updates
The Health Equity Fund and Human Services Fund are no longer accepting applications for 2019 fund rounds. If you’re interested in future fund rounds but are not sure which Fund best fits your work, these materials might help:
- Community Funding chart, for at-a-glance descriptions of funding streams
- Human Services Fund and Health Equity Fund overview slides from the July 10, 2018 Community Funding update meeting
About Community Funding
The Human Services department has several funding streams for community agencies and individuals that include the following:
- Health Equity Fund provides programmatic funding to community agencies derived from the Sugar-sweetened Beverage Product Distribution Tax (SSBPD Tax).
- Human Services Fund provides approximately $2 million annually to community agencies providing services to Boulder residents in support of the Human Services Strategy.
- Human Relations Commission Human Relations Fund
supports community-initiated activities that raise awareness on emerging civil rights and human rights issues in Boulder; facilitate interaction, understanding, collaboration and civic participation among diverse communities; and enable members of Boulder’s communities to celebrate events significant to them while they provide learning opportunities to the general population.
- Substance Education and Awareness supports integrated substance abuse prevention education programs, including recreational marijuana, aimed at children, youth and families.
- Youth Opportunities Fund offers financial support for cultural, recreational, and educational activities for City of Boulder resident middle and high school age youth through grants to individual youth and to agencies.
For more information, please email the Community Programs Manager or call 303-441-1913.