Health Equity Advisory Committee (HEAC)
Purpose of the Health Equity Advisory Committee
The City of Boulder’s Health Equity Advisory Committee (HEAC) is a nine-member committee appointed by the city manager to review Health Equity Fund proposals and make recommendations to staff and the city manager for programmatic funding. The role of the committee is advisory and technical, not political in nature, and members do not serve in an advocacy role for either agencies or issues.
Committee members provide technical and professional expertise and lived experience to assist with the allocation of funding for the most effective ways to address health equity and chronic disease associated with sugary drink consumption. Specifically, the committee’s purpose is to:
- Help define desired outcomes and key indicators that should be tracked to measure success;
- Provide recommendations on what existing city and community programs could be expanded with additional funding;
- Provide recommendations on what existing and new city and community programs could be funded in future years; and
- Provide input on effective strategies and programs to engage residents most affected by health disparities and lack of access to health services.
Apply to Serve on the HEAC!
The Health Equity Fund is seeking to fill one vacancy on the HEAC, to increase representation for underserved populations in the Boulder community.
To apply for the HEAC, you can submit an application online at https://tinyurl.com/BoulderHEAC1 .
- Laura Bellows, Associate Professor, Colorado State University
- Charles Bond, Operations Specialist, Elevations Credit Union
- Catherine Bryan, Senior Program Officer, First Nations Development Institute
- Eric Harker, M.D., Primary Care Physician, Kaiser Permanente
- Gisela Hernandez, Bilingual Independent Living Advisor, Center for People with Disabilities
- Andrea Nawage, Student, Front Range Community College
- Carolyn Tabak, M.D., Owner of Physicians Heal Thyselves
|Date||Meeting Materials||Meeting Summary|
|June 28, 2017||June 28 HEAC Agenda||June 28 HEAC Meeting Summary|
|July 19 & 20, 2017||July 19 HEAC Agenda||July 19 & 20 HEAC Meeting Summary|
|July 31, 2017||July 31 HEAC Agenda||July 31 HEAC Meeting Summary|
|Aug. 30, 2017||August 30 HEAC Agenda||August 30 HEAC Meeting Summary|
|Oct. 18 & 19, 2017||October 18 & 19 HEAC Agenda||October 18 & 19 HEAC Meeting Summary|
|March 13, 2018||March 13 HEAC Agenda||March 13 HEAC Meeting Summary|
|May 17, 2018||May 17 HEAC Agenda||May 17 HEAC Meeting Summary|
|July 12, 2018||July 12 HEAC Agenda||July 12 HEAC Meeting Summary|