Creating mechanisms to magnify our good work
- Challenge Initiatives
- City as Platform
- Catalyst Fund
Boulder has long been a leader among innovative communities. The city, however, recognizes that in this time of rapid change, it needs to have a coherent strategy for innovation to guide targeted investments, prioritize initiatives and continue leading-edge city operations. Boulder is currently working to develop, implement and institutionalize its innovation architecture , and will share additional information about its efforts on this page, and through other communication channels, as it' s available.
The city' s innovation vision is founded in a goal to improve overall city effectiveness achieved through:
- Data-driven Decision-making — Better understand, collaborate with, and leverage our information assets for more effective program outcomes.
- Operational Efficiency — Mirror our innovative policies with internal operations practices that are shared, efficient, and online.
- Culture of Innovation — Reduce barriers to entry for value added changes, creative thinking, and collaboration; engage our highly talented staff in problem solving for the benefit of our entire community.
- Community as Resource — Find new solutions to our most pressing community challenges through new mechanisms for direct engagement with our highly talented community members.
- Exceed the Expectations of Constituents — Use process driven continuous improvement to better serve our constituents.
To learn more about the city' s innovation efforts, contact Chief Innovation and Analytics Officer Julia Richman at 303-441-3359 or [email protected] .