Website Improvement Project
The website is the City of Boulder's primary platform for sharing information with the community. The current city website was launched in 2013 and needs to be updated. The website is designed based on the structure of city departments, which is not intuitive for most users.
The city engaged a consultant in May 2018 to develop a plan to make the website faster and easier for the public to navigate. The website improvement plan will be driven by user research, testing and input. This project will result in a new information organization and navigation system that improves the current website while laying the groundwork for a new website. Learn more about the city's work so far on this project
Share Feedback Online
Take a quick survey about the city website to help us improve it.
Participate in User Testing
Volunteer to provide feedback on the city website in the future by participating in user testing.
Attend a Public Meeting
The city held an open house on Aug. 9 for the public to share feedback on the website.
The following are some of the primary goals of the city's 2018 website improvement project:
- establish a series of benchmarks for the current website to understand what is and is not working with existing navigation;
- develop a new system of organizing city web content that is intuitive for the end user and not based predominantly on city organization;
- design the city website’s navigation and content organization based on user testing, analytics and stakeholder feedback;
- make doing business with the city easier and the most-sought information and services quickly accessible;
- develop a new strategy for city web content, content management and e-service delivery; and
- identify “low-hanging-fruit” solutions during this phase of the project that staff can quickly and easily apply to the current city website.
For more details, see the website improvement project plan .
For questions about this project, contact Digital Communication Manager Bryan Bullock at [email protected] or 303-441-3559.