Solar Rebate and Solar Grant Programs
Boulder residents and businesses that have installed solar electric or solar thermal (hot water) systems on their property may be eligible for a sales and use tax rebate. The city may rebate approximately 15 percent of the city sales and use tax paid on materials and permits for the solar installation. To be eligible, taxpayers must file a rebate application within 12 months of the city's final inspection.
How do I apply?
To apply for the solar rebate, please complete the following forms:
- Solar Rebate Form
Immigration Affidavit *
- En Espanol *
Mail the completed forms, receipts from your project and a photocopy of your identification (required by the Immigration Affidavit) to:
City of Boulder
Attn: Juliet Bonnell
Solar Rebate Program
PO Box 791, Boulder, CO 80306
If you have questions or need assistance to complete your application, contact Juliet Bonnel.
* An Immigration Affidavit must be completed and returned with all rebate applications.
Solar rebates are subject to funding availability.
Funding generated by the solar rebate ordinance is also used to provide grants for the installation of solar electric and solar thermal (hot water) systems on:
- the facilities of site-based nonprofit organizations;
- low- or moderate-income housing owned by nonprofit organizations; or
- individual residences that are part of the city's affordable housing program.
How do I apply?
- Before you apply, please select the "Solar Grant Evaluation Criteria" link and read the information about eligibility requirements, terms, and criteria.
- There are two versions of the Solar Grant application, one for nonprofits and one for homeowners - please make sure you use the appropriate version for your project.
- Select either the "Homeowner Solar Grant Application" or "Nonprofit Solar Grant Application" links to download the PDF application forms.
- All applications for the spring 2014 Solar Grant funding cycle are due by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, April 30.
- If you have questions, or need assistance to complete your application, contact Juliet Bonnell at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 303-441-1931.
Grants are subject to funding availability.