Request for Quasi-Judicial Review
IMPORTANT: PLEASE DO NOT PAY THE CIVIL PENALTY UNTIL YOUR APPEAL HAS BEEN DECIDED
Follow the instructions on this form to appeal bear trash violations, rental licensing, facilities suspensions, and marijuana code enforcement penalties imposed by a City of Boulder agency.
1. Complete this form and submit it to the court no later than 10 days of the date of the Notice of Agency Action.
2. You will receive confirmation of receipt. Due to the process, please allow two weeks prior to hearing back to set up the quasi-judicial hearing. Indicate below whether you wish to receive notice of your court hearing date by mail or email. If you have not received confirmation of your appeal request after five business days, call the court at 720-564-2327.
3. You must appear for your court hearing date on the date and time set forth in the Setting Notice.
4. You must pay a $25 administrative fee for Rental Licensing, Parks and Recreation, and Marijuana enforcement violations ONLY.
You may also print and fill out the Request for Quasi-Judicial Review in writing.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please refer to this chart for a detailed look at the appeal process
Please refer to this page for hearing rules
Ordinances can be found online in the city's Municipal Code . Below are links to some of the ordinances applicable in quasi-judicial hearings:
- 10-3-2 Rental License Required Before Occupancy and License Exemptions
- 10-3-16 Administrative Remedy
- 10-3-19 Short Term Rentals
- 10-3-20 Occupancy
Yes, there is a $25 fee for quasi-judicial hearings, except for appeals of bear trash penalties. In bear trash cases, there is no fee.