City, CU Boulder and Boulder Chamber Holding E-Scooter Demo Events Sept. 10-19
Community members have the chance to try out e-scooters at five public demonstration events taking place Tuesday, Sept. 10 through Thursday, Sept. 19, hosted by the City of Boulder, the University of Colorado Boulder and the Boulder Chamber.
E-scooter companies Lyft, Bird, Lime, VeoRide and Spin will each have e-scooters available to try out in designated areas. Community members can also fill out a survey at the events about their thoughts on e-scooters.
The events will be held:
- Sept. 10 from 1 to 7 p.m. at the CU Boulder Bike Fest, held at Farrand Field.
- Sept. 16 from 4 to 6 p.m. next to the Dushanbe Teahouse (1770 13th St.).
- Sept. 17 from 4 to 6 p.m. next to the Dushanbe Teahouse (1770 13th St.).
- Sept. 18 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Flatirons Business Park (corner of Flatiron Parkway and Central Avenue).
- Sept. 19 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Center for Community (2249 Willard Loop Drive).
An online e-scooter survey is also available at Be Heard Boulder for individuals who cannot attend the events but would like to provide input.
The e-scooter companies are providing the demo services at no cost to the host agencies. City, CU Boulder and Boulder Chamber representatives comprise a Transportation Committee that meets regularly to coordinate transportation issues, including those related to micromobility.
In May 2019, City Council approved a moratorium on issuing business licenses to e-scooter companies seeking to operate in Boulder, effective until February 2020. The city is using this time to explore whether e-scooters could help the city achieve its mobility goals listed in the 2019 Transportation Master Plan.
Learn more about e-scooters in Boulder on the city website.
Published: Sept. 9, 2019
Samantha Glavin, Public Works Communications, 720-564-2362
Meghan Wilson, Public Works Communications, 303-441-4073