Homeless Service System Reports Early Successes and Location Changes in the New Year
Since the launch of the City of Boulder’s new system of homeless services in October 2017, 64 individuals have successfully exited the Boulder sheltering system
As part of the new system, which is a component of the city’s recently adopted Human Services Strategy, all adult individuals seeking services start with a coordinated entry evaluation that matches their needs with programs, with a focus on permanent housing solutions. Bridge House provides Path to Home Navigation (PTHN) services for individuals needing short-term assistance, while Boulder Shelter for the Homeless provides the Housing Focused Shelter (HFS) program for those needing longer-term assistance.
Early Program Success
Boulder Shelter for the Homeless Housing Focused Shelter Program
- 9 people housed
Bridge House Path to Home Navigation Program
- 55 people housed or returned to a support system:
- 9 housed
- 6 moved into the Bridge House Ready to Work program, which provides employment training opportunities and transitional housing
- 2 reunified with family members in Boulder
- 20 reunified with family members in communities outside of Boulder
- 18 relocated to a better housing/support option in another community
Upcoming Changes to Program Locations
Coordinated Entry and Path to Home Navigation (PTHN) programs have been operating at temporary sites until a longer-term site at 2691 30th St. is renovated to co-locate these programs. Although full occupancy of the new site is not expected until early 2018, Coordinated Entry and daytime navigation services will move to the new site beginning Jan. 2, 2018. Overnight sheltering will continue at faith-based partner locations until renovations are complete.
Service Locations Through Jan. 1
- Coordinated Entry
- Weekdays - Boulder County Housing and Human Services Department’s North Annex at 3460 Broadway. Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and noon to 4 p.m. on Tuesdays.
- Weekends – Clinica (People’s Medical Clinic) at 2525 13th St. Saturday and Sunday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Path To Home Navigation
- Rotating faith-based locations as noted on the Bridge House PTHN webpage.
Service Locations Starting Jan. 2
- Coordinated Entry
- 2691 30th St., Wednesday through Monday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Tuesday, Noon to 4 p.m.
- Path to Home Navigation – Daytime services
- 2691 30th St., Monday through Saturday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Coordinated entry is required for this program.
- Rotating faith-based locations until renovations are complete.
- Path to Home Navigation – Overnight shelter
Coordinated Entry services will be closed on Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
For more information on Coordinated Entry, Housing Focused Shelter and the Path to Home Navigation Program, please visit the following websites:
City of Boulder Homelessness Resources Website: https://bouldercolorado.gov/homelessness.
Boulder County Regional Homeless Systems Collaborative website: https://www.bouldercounty.org/government/boards-and-commissions/boulder-county-regional-homeless-systems-management/.
Published: December 20, 2017
Wendy Schwartz, Human Services, 303-441-1818
Zach McGee, Media Relations, 303-441-2339