How to Get Updates on the CalWood Fire and Lefthand Canyon Fire in Boulder County
The Boulder Office of Emergency Management (OEM) is actively responding to the CalWood Fire and Lefthand Canyon Fire in Boulder County, which are more than 10,500 acres combined, as of Friday, Oct. 23.
Here's how to get the latest and best information about the fires in Boulder County:
The CalWood Fire is 55% contained. The Lefthand Canyon Fire is 100% contained.
Go to boulderoem.com/emergency-status/ for the latest information on the fires, evacuations, road closures and more.
Call the public information line at 303-413-7730. This call center has staff available to answer questions at varying times, which are updated on the Boulder OEM website.
View an official map of the evacuation areas, fire perimeter and containment lines.
Find updates on social media:
La línea de información pública
La línea de información pública del Centro de Operaciones de Emergencia del Condado de Boulder está abierta de 8 a.m. a 8 p.m. hoy. La línea de información pública es 303-413-7730. Las personas que hablan español escucharán dos indicaciones la primera en inglés y luego una indicación para español presionar “9.”
City of Boulder Wildfire Emergency Orders
- City of Boulder Wildfire Emergency Order 2020-1: Declaration of local disaster emergency by the city manager.
- City of Boulder Wildfire Emergency Order 2020-2: Closes Boulder Reservoir to the public to allow for emergency operations.
- City of Boulder Wildfire Emergency Order 2020-3: Restricts access to certain open space areas for public safety.
- City of Boulder Wildfire Amended Emergency Order 2020-3: Amended restrictions to access certain open space areas for public safety.
- City of Boulder Wildfire Emergency Order 2020-3 Repealed: Lifted restrictions to access certain open space areas for public safety.
Sign up for emergency alerts to get important safety information straight to your phone.
Please remember that even if you are not in an evacuation area, you should have an evacuation plan for you and your family. Read about the Ready, Set, Go approach for steps you can take to prepare your family, home and property.
Published: Oct. 19, 2020 / Updated: Oct. 23, 2020