June Is Walk and Bike Month in Boulder
Register for Boulder’s Bike to Work Day and walk or bike throughout the month
June 1 kicks off a month-long celebration of walking and biking in Boulder. The City of Boulder and local community partners are hosting free walks, bike rides and other events, including Boulder’s Bike to Work Day on Wednesday, June 26.
The event is part of a statewide celebration and includes over 50 free breakfast stations hosted by local companies and organizations in Boulder. By registering to ride on Bike to Work Day, individuals are eligible to win great prizes and help the city measure the impact of biking and walking.
Key events during this year’s Boulder Walk and Bike Month include:
- June 2: B360: Circle Boulder by Bicycle
- June 2, 9, 16, 23: Walk 360 – First four Sundays in June
- June 11: Accessible Boulder Symposium
- June 12: Boulder Bike Show
- June 19: Arapahoe Underpass Completion Celebration
- June 26: Bike to Work Day – Walk and Bike Month’s main event
- June 29: Walk 360 ‘Slow Marathon’
- June 30: Boulder Public Art Tour via Bicycle
View the full list of events at www.walkandbikemonth.org.
Walk and Bike Month is a signature community event that supports the city’s Transportation Master Plan goals and encourages safe travel as part of Vision Zero. Community Cycles, which helps coordinate the month-long program of biking and pedestrian activities, is a local nonprofit organization that provides education and advocacy to improve bicycling in Boulder. Walk and Bike Month is also supported by many other generous nonprofit and corporate sponsors.
Published: May 29, 2019
Samantha Glavin, Media Relations, 720-564-2362
Gretchen King, Media Relations, 303-441-3005