Sept. 15, 2013 - City, County to Provide Trash Receptacles for Flood Debris at Various Community Locations
Sunday, Sept. 15, 2013
Contact Info - 720-564-2223
City, county to provide trash receptacles for flood debris at various community locations
The City of Boulder and Boulder County have been working collaboratively to place trash receptacles ("roll-off" containers or Dumpsters) at various locations to collect flood-damaged debris. Delivery begins Sunday, Sept. 15 and will take two to three days. Initial locations are listed below.
Residents are encouraged to use this resource for safe removal of spoiled food, damaged carpet, household materials and other flood-related debris. The trash receptacles will be emptied daily and will remain in place for a limited period of time, based on need.
Materials that CANNOT be placed in the receptacles include:
- Electronics, such as computers, monitors and televisions. By state law these cannot be disposed in landfills. They can be recycled at various locations in the county including Western Disposal or the Eco-Cycle Center for Hard-to-Recycle Materials (CHaRM) at 5030 "Old" Pearl St. (1 block north of Pearl Parkway off 49th St.). 1-800-GOT-JUNK or Green Girl Recycling offer collection services for electronics.
- Hazardous waste, such as paint, motor oil, car batteries and pesticides. Residents can take these materials to the Boulder County Hazardous Materials Facility at 1901 63rd St. This facility is open additional days on Monday and Tuesday, Sept. 16 and 17, and will then revert to its regular Wednesday to Saturday schedule starting on Sept. 18. For more information on residential and business services, visit www.bouldercountyrecycles.org
- Refrigerators, freezers, air-conditioners, and other appliances that require Freon removal. Facilities that accept these items for special handling include: Western Disposal Services, CHaRM, and Bizzy B’s.
- Lawn mowers and other equipment containing gasoline. Gas must be removed prior to recycling. These items can be recycled as scrap metal at Western Disposal or CHaRM. In addition, Western Disposal will continue to offer curbside recycling, composting, and trash pick-up services, assuming that crews can access the streets. Their transfer station at 5880 Butte Mill Rd. will be open Sunday Sept. 15, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m, and will then resume their Monday to Saturday 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. schedule.
Initial community flood debris collection locations
View a map of the community collection locations at http://maps.bouldercounty.org/dumpsters/
- Foothills Community Park parking lot, 800 Cherry Ave., Boulder (opens Tuesday 9/17)
- North Boulder Park parking lot, 9th Street and Dellwood Avenue, Boulder
- Salberg Park parking lot, 825 Elder Ave., Boulder
- Harlow Platts Park parking lot near playground, 1360 Gillaspie Dr., Boulder
- Mapleton Ball Fields parking lot, (entrance just west of 30th Street) 2998 Mapleton Ave., Boulder
- Valmont Park parking lot, south of Valmont Road, 3160 Airport Rd., Boulder
- Scott Carpenter Park parking lot, 30th Street and Arapahoe Avenue (30th Street entrance), Boulder
- East Boulder Community Park, south parking lot, 5660 Sioux Dr., Boulder
- Martin Park parking lot, 3769 Table Mesa Dr., Boulder (Park and parking lot is accessible by turning east on Eastman Drive off of Broadway)
- Chautauqua Park parking lot, 846 Baseline Rd., Boulder
- Intersection of Broadway and 28th Street, across from Gateway Fun Park, Boulder
- Flatirons Golf Course parking lot, 5706 Arapahoe Ave., Boulder
- Eaton Park parking lot, east end of Nautilus Drive, Gunbarrel/Twin Lakes area
- Carter Trail, east side of Carter Trail south of Bluegrass Court, Gunbarrel/Twin Lakes area, near 75th Street and Jay Road.
- Twin Lakes, south side of Twin Lakes, west of Twin Lakes Inn, next to open space, Gunbarrel area
- Spine Road, Deerfield subdivision. Wellington Drive, north side of road across from 4412 Wellington. East of Pembrooke, Gunbarrel area
- Cardinal Lane, south of Robin Drive on east side. Close to 63rd and Niwot, Haystack area.
- Left Hand Grange Park on 83rd north of Niwot Road, Niwot
- Eldorado Springs Fire Station, 4300 Eldorado Springs Rd., Eldorado Springs
- Eldorado Springs Pool, 200 Eldorado Springs Dr., Eldorado Springs
- Intersection of Marshall /Highway 93, informal park and ride