Buckingham Picnic Area
Please follow these responsible recreation reminders:
- Stay home if you are sick or exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms.
- Only recreate with members of your own household.
- Always bring a face covering. Wear it when you can’t maintain 6 feet of physical distance.
- Keep the space in open space! Always stay at least 6 feet from non-household visitors.
- Visit OSMPTrails.org to see current trail closures, historical data that shows areas of high and low open space use and trails that are wider than 6 feet. See when trails are busiest through our Visitation Data Explorer.
- Protect first responders. Know your limits and don’t take unnecessary risks.
Please check for Trail & Area Closures.
You are responsible for knowing and complying with all closures and OSMP rules & regulations.
A small parking lot exists adjacent to the main picnic area. The individual picnic areas along Lefthand Canyon Drive have vehicle pullouts.
Please keep your car doors locked and your car windows rolled up at all times while leaving your vehicle parked at OSMP trailheads. Also consider leaving important valuables at home or take them with you while visiting open space. To report suspicious activity please call City of Boulder Dispatch 303-441-3333 or Boulder County Dispatch 303-441-4444. For crimes in progress, call 911 immediately.
This area is identified as being popular with people using wheelchairs. See the Accessible Trails Page for details.
Buckingham Park offers several creek-side picnic tables with grills. Four more secluded picnic areas are located west along Lefthand Canyon Drive.
Learn about bringing your dog to OSMP. Dogs on leash only. Dog excrement removal is required by law.
Vault-style latrines at the main picnic area.