Cliff-Nesting Raptor Closures Feb. 1 - July 31
Thanks to OSMP visitors and volunteers for supporting these closures and the cliff-nesting raptor program!
The following areas (listed north to south) are closed from Feb. 1 - July 31, 2016 to protect cliff nesting raptors:
- Third Flatiron, including the Queen Anne’s Head, W.C Fields Pinnacle, 1911 Gully and the Ghetto, the East Bench & West Bench, the East & West Ironing Boards, The Fin, Green Thumb and Jaws
- The Back Porch and The Box
- Fern Canyon, north of the Fern Canyon Trail, including the Nebel Horn Ridge, East Ridge, the Goose and the Goose Eggs (the designated Fern Canyon hiking trail remains open)
- Shadow Canyon and the Matron, the Maiden remains open and accessible from the east; Shadow Canyon Trail remains open
- The entire Mickey Mouse wall, including South Tower, North Tower, Central Tower, Ship's Prow, Wall of Shiva's Dance, The Gargoyle, the East Face and Cryptic Crags
Closures lifted before July 31 can be found on the Inactive Raptor Closures page.