Current Trail Conditions
Please check the Temporary Closures page before your trip.
Boulder Star area on Flagstaff Mountain is closed
The Boulder Star area on Flagstaff Mountain IS CLOSED to prevent gatherings amid the COVID-19 pandemic and because of ecological and safety concerns in the area. Visitors entering the Boulder Star closure area on Flagstaff Mountain can face up to a $1,000 fine or 90 days in jail. Learn more. Follow these other important recreation guidelines:
- Stay home if you are sick or exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms.
- Only recreate with members of your own household.
- Always bring a face covering. Wear it when you can’t maintain 6 feet of physical distance.
- Keep the space in open space! Always stay at least 6 feet from non-household visitors.
- Visit OSMPTrails.org to see current trail closures, historical data that shows areas of high and low open space use and trails that are wider than 6 feet. See when trails are busiest through our Visitation Data Explorer.
- Protect first responders. Know your limits and don’t take unnecessary risks.
Please - get muddy!
When trails are muddy or icy, please walk right through the mud without leaving the trail.
Off-trail detours to bypass muddy spots causes enormous damage to the trails and plants that grow alongside.
To report a problem on an OSMP trail, please make a service request through Inquire Boulder.