Current Trail Conditions
Please check the Temporary Closures page before your trip.
Winter conditions exist across open space!
- Trails may be icy & slick.
- Wear appropriate gear, such as traction devices for your shoes/boots.
- Do not walk on ice-covered lakes and ponds.
People enjoy open space for physical, emotional and mental health. Remember to always be courteous. Don't forget:
- Only recreate with household members.
- Wear a face covering when passing others.
- Stay on trail/walk through mud. Avoid stepping on vegetation.
- Visit OSMPTrails.org to see current trail closures, historical data that shows areas of high and low open space use and trails that are wider than 6 feet. See when trails are busiest through our Visitation Data Explorer.
- Protect first responders. Know your limits and don’t take unnecessary risks.
Please - get muddy!
When trails are muddy or icy, please walk right through the mud without leaving the trail.
Off-trail detours to bypass muddy spots causes enormous damage to the trails and plants that grow alongside.
To report a problem on an OSMP trail, please make a service request through Inquire Boulder.