Guidelines for Alcohol Permits
Alcohol permits are required at all Open Space and Mountain Parks shelters/facilities or for groups of 15 or more people, when alcohol is being consumed. Alcohol permits are required for each reservation time block. Alcohol permits will be granted to City of Boulder residents only. Proof of residency will be required before an alcohol permit will issue.
Applicants must agree to abide by the requirements and conditions, procedures, and applicant statements before signing the alcohol application.
Requirements and Conditions:
- Alcohol permits are required at all Open Space and
shelters/facilities or for groups of 15 or more people, when alcohol is being consumed. Mountain Parks
- Alcohol permits will be granted to City of
- Alcohol permits will only be issued in connection with a confirmed Open Space and Mountain Parks shelter/facility use permit.
- The Open Space and
shelter/facility use permit fee must be paid in full before an alcohol permit will issue. Mountain Parks
- An application for an alcohol permit may not be submitted more than 90 days nor less than 15 days of the scheduled event and use of the facility.
- No alcohol permit will be issued before the 90 days nor after the 15 days of the scheduled event and use of the facility.
- Alcohol permits shall be issued for fermented malt and vinous beverages only (beer/wine).
- “Applicant” or “Event Organizer” applying for an alcohol permit must be 21 years of age and will be required to provide legal proof of age and City of
- All event participants must be 21 years of age or accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- No alcohol permit will be issued for event hours prior to nor later than
- Alcohol permit hours must correspond with the hours shown on the “Facility Use Application” and “Facility Use Permit.”
- The maximum number of participants for any single event may not exceed the capacity listed on the “Facility Use Application” and the “Facility Use Permit.”
- The maximum number of participants for any single event utilizing the Flagstaff Summit Facilities/Shelters is limited to 150 people.
- All glass bottles and glass containers are prohibited on Open Space and
- Alcohol permits are issued on a first-come, first-serve basis, and no more than one permit shall be issued for any location at any one time.
- Participants shall not leave the approved facility location with opened beer or wine containers.
- All beer and wine shall be served and consumed within 25 feet of the approved facility permit area.
- The fee for obtaining an alcohol permit is $25.
- In addition to the permit fee, and after review of the Application, a damage/clean-up deposit may be required.
- The city manager may revoke the permit and evict participants from the event premises for unruly, drunken, or other behavior which creates a public disturbance or for violation of the rules or any condition of the Alcohol Permit.
- The “Alcohol Permit” as well as the “Facility Use Permit” must be in possession of the Applicant/Permit Holder at all times during the event hours.
*Note: Alcohol permits are issued pursuant to chapter 5-7, B.R.C. and all permit holders must comply with all state and local alcohol laws.
Applicants must agree to the following statements before signing the alcohol application:
- I certify that I have read and understand all of the above Requirements and Conditions.
- I agree to comply with each of these Requirements and Conditions.
- I certify that I am over the age of 21, and that I am a legal resident of the City of Boulder, Colo.
- I certify that any participant attending the event who is under the age of 21 will be supervised by a parent or guardian.
- I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the City of Boulder, and all City of Boulder officers, employees, agents and representatives from any and all claims, demands, judgments costs and expenses, including attorney’s fees, arising out of any accident or occurrence causing injury to any persons or property whomsoever or whatsoever due directly or indirectly to the event or maintenance of the facility during the term of the Permit.
- I agree to immediately reimburse the City of
- I acknowledge that a violation or an infraction could result in the issuance of a summons, fine, and/or revocation of the Permit and affect any eligibility to re-apply.