The woodlot is OPEN for the 2018 season.
Several loads (mostly green) have been dropped off this week - 7/3.
Wood generated by the City of Boulder’s forest management operations is made available to contract-holding members of the public, at the OSMP South Boulder Creek West Trailhead. The wood (typically green ponderosa pine) is available on a first-come, first-served basis between April 1 and Nov. 30.
To participate in the firewood program, users must:
- Sign a contract at our administrative office at 2520 55th Street, or call 303-441-3440 to request a contract via mail or email;
- Provide a photocopy of their current driver's license;
- Pay a $15 administrative fee (mail in check or pay by cash, check, visa, or mastercard in the office)
Once the above requirements are met, contract holders will receive the gate access code to the woodlot. The contract allows users to access and collect firewood during the following hours:
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 10 am to 5 pm
Saturdays from 10 am to 2 pm
(These hours are limited to avoid noise and impacts to surrounding neighbors)
Terms and Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions apply to all woodlot users:
- Only those who have a current, signed contract with OSMP may get firewood;
- The signed contract must be in your possession when picking up wood. You must present it to OSMP staff, if requested to do so;
- You may access and remove firewood only during the hours of operation noted below;
- You may take no more than one-half cord (4’x4’x4’) of wood per day;
- You must comply with all OSMP rules and regulations, including not entering areas that are temporarily or permanently restricted or closed;
- You must respect the rights and privileges of others, including those picking up firewood under similar contracts;
- Dogs accompanying anyone picking up wood must be leashed and under your control;
- Please remove all trash or litter; and
- You are responsible for any damage to your vehicle or to City property resulting from your participation in firewood cutting or removal.
No one may:
- Enter the woodlot without a current, signed contract;
- Duplicate or permit another person to use their assigned code to the woodlot;
- Conduct sales or solicitation for sales on OSMP property;
- Block traffic or parking or create an unsafe or hazardous situation;
- Use a chainsaw without a spark arrestor; or
- Use heavy equipment such as tractors or bulldozers to aid in picking up wood.
- While a parking permit is NOT required inside the woodlot area while collecting firewood, all motor vehicles not registered in Boulder County must have either a daily or an annual parking permit to park at the South Boulder Creek West trailhead parking lot.