COVID-19 closures and cancellations: OSMP’s Hub at 2520 55th Street is closed. Please follow updates on the City of Boulder information about COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) page to find out when city buildings and facilities will reopen.
Both woodlot locations are open!
South Boulder Creek West deliveries:
October 19 - 23: 7 loads
October 12 - 16: 10 loads
October 5 - 9: 9 loads (5 loads of rounds)
Wood generated by the City of Boulder’s forest management operations is made available to contract-holding members of the public at two locations:
- OSMP South Boulder Creek West Trailhead - typically green ponderosa pine
- Parks & Recreation Forestry Lot (adjacent to free mulch pile) - primarily hardwood, may be green or dry
The wood is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
To participate in the firewood program, users must:
- Review and sign a 2020 contract online.
- Pay the $15 administrative fee by credit card online (a $1.00 surcharge will be added).
Once the above requirements are met, contract holders will receive the gate access code to both woodlot locations. The contract allows users to access and collect firewood during the following hours:
OSMP South Boulder Creek West Trailhead (open through November 30):
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays 10 am to 5 pm
- Saturdays from 10 am to 2 pm
- These hours and dates are limited to avoid noise and impacts to surrounding neighbors
Parks & Recreation Forestry Lot (open year-round):
- Monday through Friday 8am to 4pm
- Saturdays from 9am to 2pm
Terms and Conditions
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, please adhere to the following additional terms and conditions:
COVID-19 Related Terms and Conditions
- Must abide by all State Orders including but not limited to 10 or less visitors in a group and staying 6ft apart.
- Stationary activity and lingering should not occur.
- OSMP also strongly recommends that everyone takes extra caution in regards with using PPE i.e. wear masks and gloves, use hand sanitizer.
- Also all visitors should take extra precaution when using the bathrooms on OSMP lands, such as bring extra sanitizing supplies or planning ahead to not use them.
- OSMP also strongly recommends traveling separately as much as possible.
The following Terms and Conditions apply to all woodlot users:
- Only those who have a current, signed contract with the City of Boulder may collect firewood;
- The signed contract or electronic confirmation and a photo ID must be in your possession when picking up wood. You must present them to City staff, if requested to do so;
- You may access and remove firewood only during the listed hours of operation;
- You may take no more than one cord (4’x4’x8’) of wood per day;
- You must comply with all OSMP rules and regulations, including not entering areas that are temporarily or permanently restricted or closed;
- You must respect the rights and privileges of others, including those picking up firewood under similar contracts;
- Dogs accompanying anyone picking up wood must be leashed and under your control;
- Please remove all trash or litter;
- You are responsible for any damage to your vehicle or to City property resulting from your participation in firewood cutting or removal; and
- You must lock the gate behind you when leaving.
No one may:
- Enter the woodlot without a current, signed contract;
- Duplicate or permit another person to use their assigned code to the woodlot;
- Conduct sales or solicitation for sales on City property;
- Block traffic or parking or create an unsafe or hazardous situation;
- Use a chainsaw without a spark arrestor; or
- Use heavy equipment such as tractors or bulldozers to aid in picking up wood.
- While a parking permit is NOT required inside the woodlot area while collecting firewood, all motor vehicles not registered in Boulder County must have either a daily or an annual parking permit to park at the South Boulder Creek West trailhead parking lot.