Wood generated by the City of Boulder’s forest management operations is made available to the public, at the OSMP South Boulder Creek West Trailhead. The wood is available on a first-come, first-served basis and is usually on-site between the months of May and November.
Wood pick-up requires users to sign a contract, pay a $15 administrative fee, and get gate access to the woodlot. 2017 Contracts are available at the OSMP Administrative Office, 66 S. Cherryvale Rd, Boulder; please call 303-441-3440 before visiting the office for a contract.
The contract will allow users to access the firewood during the following hours:
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 10 am to 5 pm
- Saturdays from 10 am to 2 pm
|X||Firewood was delivered to the site on 4/1/17. It is available for pickup by contract holders during the official hours of operation; see above. Keep in mind that it may have already been picked up by other contract holders.|
|No firewood is currently available.|
For additional information please call OSMP at 303-441-3440.
The following Terms and Conditions apply to all woodlot users:
- Only those who have a current, signed contract with OSMP may get firewood.
- The signed contract must be in your possession when picking up wood. You must present it to OSMP staff, if requested to do so;
- You may access and remove firewood only during the hours of operation noted below;
- You may take no more than one-half cord (4’x4’x4’) of wood per day;
- You must comply with all OSMP rules and regulations, including not entering areas that are temporarily or permanently restricted or closed;
- You must respect the rights and privileges of others, including those picking up firewood under similar contracts;
- Dogs accompanying anyone picking up wood must be leashed and under your control;
- Please remove all trash or litter; and
- You are responsible for any damage to your vehicle or to City property resulting from your participation in firewood cutting or removal.
No one may:
- Enter the woodlot without a current, signed contract;
- Duplicate or permit another person to use their assigned code to the woodlot;
- Conduct sales or solicitation for sales on OSMP property;
- Block traffic or parking or create an unsafe or hazardous situation;
- Use a chainsaw without a spark arrestor; or
- Use heavy equipment such as tractors or bulldozers to aid in picking up wood.
- All motor vehicles not registered in Boulder County must display either a daily or an annual parking permit to park at the South Boulder Creek West trailhead parking lot. A parking permit is NOT required inside the woodlot area while picking up firewood.