Funded Research Program
Printer friendly version of the 2018 Request for Proposals .
The City of Boulder Open Space and Mountain Parks (OSMP) Department funds scientific inquiry on OSMP lands on an annual cycle.
|Brian Anacker||[email protected]||720-564-2040||Science Officer (send general questions here)|
|Katie Kisiel||[email protected]||303-413-7630||Administration and Technical Support|
|Lauren Kilcoyne||[email protected]||720-564-2015||Financial (send budget questions here)|
Address For Proposal Submissions
- Request for proposals issued: Nov 10, 2017
- Proposal deadline: Jan 16, 2018
- Award notifications: Feb 26, 2018
- Preference is given to original proposals that address topics identified as Priority Project Topics. However, all proposals will be considered based on their merits.
- Overhead costs should not exceed 15 percent of the total grant award except in rare circumstances.
- The maximum award amount is capped at $15,000. Details on allowable expenses can be found in the budget worksheet .
- Funding commitments are limited to an annual basis, but multi-year projects are encouraged.
- Proposals must follow the format guidelines exactly.
- Proposals that do not require OSMP funding may be submitted through our unfunded research program.
- Funded researchers are strongly encouraged to present at the annual research symposium to be held in Spring of 2019.
- Please see previously funded projects for examples of research topics.
- Final reports must follow scientific format and will undergo receive staff review (format and review guidelines provided at time of award).
Did you know that Boulder County Parks and Open Space (BCPOS) and Jefferson County Open Space (JCOS) also fund research? To discuss the possibilities of a shared research project, please contact Brian Anacker, Hillary King or Amanda Hatfield and also check the custom application procedures page.