Gunbarrel Hill Integrated Site Project
Help design conservation and recreation opportunities that support the grassland ecosystem and community enjoyment at Gunbarrel Hill!
Open Space and Mountain Parks (OSMP) held a third community meeting on Monday, Dec. 9, to review a draft preferred alternative for the future management of the Gunbarrel Hill OSMP area northeast of Boulder. During this meeting, OSMP staff shared how it has used community input to develop a draft preferred alternative for the area and sought additional feedback to refine the plan for the area.
Please submit your responses no later than Wednesday, Jan. 1, 2020.
The presentation from the third engagement as well as other posters provided at the meeting are available here for review.
- Project Overview and Shared Stewardship
- Habitat Restoration: Background and Proposed Management Actions
- Responsible Recreation: Site Improvements and Proposed Management Actions
The purpose of the Gunbarrel Hill ISP is to help restore healthy grassland wildlife habitat while improving the visitor experience on city open space at Gunbarrel Hill northeast of Boulder. With community input, OSMP’s goal for this project aims to:
- Improve the quality of the habitat for native ground-nesting birds and other wildlife, while providing an enhanced visitor experience to promote enjoyment of the area.
In January, OSMP staff first met with community members to better understand how they value this area, affirm the goal described above and hear ideas about how to best achieve it. View the staff presentation . The staff introductory presentation is also available. From this input, OSMP staff has developed preliminary ideas that show different ways to conceptually organize the Gunbarrel Hill area for the community to review.
The second community meeting was held from 5 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, June 19, at the OSMP HUB. During this meeting, OSMP staff shared what we heard from the community during the first engagement window and how that input was used to develop two initial conceptual ideas for the area.
The presentation from the second engagement as well as other materials provided at the meeting are available here for review.
- Summary of Community Input from Engagement Window 1
- Grassland Mosaic and Prairie Dogs - A brief document describing OSMP’s approach to the management of grassland ecosystems that include prairie dogs. For more information please see OSMP’s Prairie Dog webpage, and for a deeper dive consider reviewing the Grassland Ecosystem Management Plan
- Open Space and Mountain Parks statement on potential oil and gas development
The Comment Analysis from Engagement Window 2 (Wed. June 19 - Wed. July 10) as well as attachments are available here for review.
- A – Gunbarrel Hill Questionnaire II
- B – Table of Workshop Comments
- C – Table of Questionnaire Comments
- D – Summary Data
- E – Existing Conditions of Trails
Thank you, we look forward to continuing to work together!
Have questions? Contact Maki Boyle at [email protected].