Junior Ranger Naturalist Program
The Junior Ranger Naturalist Program returns for another summer in 2018! This youth program is geared towards high school age youth. The program is centered around service learning, providing customer service to the visitors of OSMP, and natural resource protection. This exciting four-week program (July 16-August 9, 2018) is an excellent opportunity to learn about natural resource stewardship, hone outdoor skills, and explore careers as an outdoor professional. Training includes CPR/First Aid, search and rescue, naturalist, outdoor survival, wildland fire ecology, leadership and public service, natural resource/visitor protection and enforcement, wildlife ecology, and customer service. Junior Ranger Naturalists will work with Rangers from the City of Boulder Open Space and Mountain Parks in partnership with Boulder County Parks and Open Space Rangers. Upon successful completion of the program participants will earn a Certificate in Outdoor Leadership.
- Apply now - accepting first 50 applications to be considered for 10 positions. You may also be interested in applying for the Junior Ranger Team Member.
- Visit the City of Boulder Jobs page; underneath the blue Career Pages box search for "Junior Ranger" or page through the jobs (listed alphabetically) to find the Junior Ranger Naturalist Team Member link to start the application process. Read through the job description.
- Apply: Scroll down for the green Apply button found at the very bottom of the job description to open the application. This will take you to a login screen. You will need to create or login to your NeoGov account to apply.
- When completing your application, don't forget to complete all pages of the application. The final review page will allow you to certify and submit your application. This step must be completed to file your application.
- Please note: Do not submit a reference within the NeoGov application; instead please follow the instructions in step 4 below.
- While NeoGov does not send a confirmation to applicants, you may check your application status (submitted or incomplete) by logging into your NeoGov account. This status confirmation is for your application only.
- Submit a Reference Form: Please submit a reference form completed by an adult other than a relative.
- Have an adult other than a relative complete the online reference form. Submitted online forms will be attached to your application for you.