North Trail Study Area Plan: Spotlight Areas
Ever since the development of North Trail Study Area (TSA) Plan kicked-off in mid-April, community members have asked many questions focusing on three areas in the North TSA: Joder Ranch, Boulder Valley Ranch and the North Foothills Habitat Conservation Area.
These have been identified as Spotlight Areas, and information has been provided on the linked pages to help community members learn more about these important, but perhaps lesser-known locales.
- Joder Arabian Ranch: OSMP purchased this property in 2013. Recently, the department opened a new trail and trailhead there.
- Boulder Valley Ranch: This area is home to several trailheads, numerous trails and a working ranch. There has been interest in redeveloping trails to improve visitors’ experiences and to better protect resources.
- The North Foothills Habitat Conservation Area (HCA): The HCA stretches from the Foothills Trail to the Joder Ranch property and is home to a range of special resources; and has the potential to provide an important north-south trail connection across the TSA. View a flyover video of the area.
In addition the following topics have come up repeatedly in conversations about the North TSA scenarios.
- Regional Trail Connections: There are a number of regional trail concepts that cross or approach and may affect the North TSA.
- Special Resources: Learn more about the natural and cultural resources that make the North TSA a special place.
- Trail Character: Trails come in a variety of configurations, appealing differently to visitors as they participate in diverse activities.
Other opportunities to learn more about the North TSA
Inventory report : In mid-June, OSMP released an in-depth report of the North TSA’s recreational, natural, cultural and agricultural resources. This report was released to help inform potential plan recommendations.