The City of Boulder’s Open Space and Mountain Parks (OSMP) Department will highlight large projects for 2019 on this page.
Gregory Canyon Trailhead Restroom Repairs
Beginning as early as August 19, repairs to the Gregory Canyon Trailhead Restroom will begin. The trailhead and all trails in the area will remain open at this time, and the temporary sanitation facilities will remain in place until the project is completed.
Trails 2019: A Public Open House
Open Space and Mountain Parks (OSMP) held an open house on Feb. 26 to talk about upcoming trail projects. View the posters from the open house to learn more about the projects discussed.
The following upcoming trail projects were highlighted:
- Bear Canyon Trail – a 1/3-mile re-route to protect sensitive riparian habitat
- Fern Canyon and Mesa Trails junction – re-routes
- Anemone Hill – new trail construction
- Green Mountain West Ridge re-route – completion of work started in 2018
- Tenderfoot Trail re-route
- 1st-2nd Flatiron Trail repairs
- Cottontail Trail repairs and re-route
- Boulder Falls Trail improvements
- East Boulder White Rocks Trail – bridge repairs
- Amphitheater Trail – climbing access trail repairs
- 3rd Flatiron – climbing access trail repairs
- Meadow and 6th St Connector Trails repairs
- Doudy Draw Trail repairs
- Bike Cattle Guards – installation at several locations
- Flatirons Loop Trail repairs
- South Boulder Creek Trail repairs
- Mount Sanitas Trail repairs
Eldorado Canyon to Walker Ranch Connection
A group of three local and state governments have proposed a preliminary interagency recommendation for a multi-use trail connection between Eldorado Canyon State Park and Walker Ranch. After collaboration to complete a Trail Feasibility Study and careful consideration of the findings, Boulder County Parks & Open Space, the City of Boulder Open Space and Mountain Parks, and Colorado Parks and Wildlife are jointly recommending the North Route (using segments N1-N2-N4) as the preferred alignment for an Eldorado Canyon to Walker Ranch multi-use trail connection. Please visit the project website to learn more.
OSMP Master Plan
Open Space and Mountain Parks has kicked off a long-term effort to establish a community-supported plan that will guide the management of the community’s open space over the next decade and beyond. Sign up for email updates.
Rocky Mountain Greenway
The City of Boulder is part of a multi-agency partnership supporting the development of the Rocky Mountain Greenway in Jefferson and Boulder County.
Information about Open Space and Mountain Parks’ and the Rocky Mountain Greenway
Information about the Rocky Mountain Greenway trail connection between Boulder Open Space and Rocky Flats National Wildlife Refuge