The City of Boulder’s Open Space and Mountain Parks (OSMP) Department will highlight large projects for 2019 on this page.
Trails 2020: A Public Open House
The City of Boulder’s Open Space and Mountain Parks (OSMP) Department will host a community open house on Thursday, Feb. 27, to inform community members of upcoming trail projects and maintenance efforts that OSMP will conduct in 2020.
The open house, which also will feature information on new ways residents can learn about trail closures and how they can experience Boulder’s open space, will be held from 5:30 to 7:00 p.m. at the OSMP HUB Building, 2520 55th St. This in-person learning experience is the second community open house OSMP has held to inform community members of its trail building, repair and maintenance efforts and it will feature information on:
- Planned construction that will extend the Anemone Trail into a 3-mile trail loop west of Boulder.
- Upcoming work along the Cottontail Trail northeast of Boulder, which will help OSMP to complete major maintenance work along the important commuter path.
- Continuing trail projects along popular paths, including the Mount Sanitas Trail, Tenderfoot Trail, 1st-2nd Flatiron Trail, and the junction area of Fern Canyon and Mesa Trails.
- Information on how OSMP completes full-sweeps of its 155-mile trail system to prioritize trail repairs, and volunteering on trail projects will also be available.
- The new Boulder Area Trail App, which provides information on OSMP trails along with paths managed by 11 other Boulder-area agencies. OSMP also will highlight its interactive trail map and an online tool that shows which OSMP trails that receive the most AND least visits.
OSMP trail staff members will be present to provide additional information on how the department has utilized sustainable trail building techniques to minimize trail erosion and help protect important natural resources. The department also will provide information on the diverse and wide-ranging recreational experiences visitors can enjoy throughout Boulder’s Open Space and Mountain Parks system, which is home to some of the most diverse natural areas in the western United States. For more information, please call OSMP at 303-441-3440.
Eldorado Canyon to Walker Ranch Connection
A group of three local and state governments have proposed a preliminary interagency recommendation for a multi-use trail connection between Eldorado Canyon State Park and Walker Ranch. After collaboration to complete a Trail Feasibility Study and careful consideration of the findings, Boulder County Parks & Open Space, the City of Boulder Open Space and Mountain Parks, and Colorado Parks and Wildlife are jointly recommending the North Route (using segments N1-N2-N4) as the preferred alignment for an Eldorado Canyon to Walker Ranch multi-use trail connection. Please visit the project website to learn more.
OSMP Master Plan
Open Space and Mountain Parks has kicked off a long-term effort to establish a community-supported plan that will guide the management of the community’s open space over the next decade and beyond. Sign up for email updates.
Rocky Mountain Greenway
The City of Boulder is part of a multi-agency partnership supporting the development of the Rocky Mountain Greenway in Jefferson and Boulder County.
Information about Open Space and Mountain Parks’ and the Rocky Mountain Greenway