Voice and Sight Dog Tag Program
What Is The TAG Program?
The Voice and Sight Tag program (TAG) has been designed by the City of Boulder to help dog guardians better understand the voice and sight control standards. Understanding and meeting these standards will help reduce conflicts that can occur between dogs, visitors and wildlife.
This program is only for dog guardians who intend to walk their dogs under voice and sight control where allowed on City of Boulder land. If you only walk your dog on a leash, you are not required to register.
To participate in the program, you must:
- Watch a video about voice and sight control.
- Register with Open Space and Mountain Parks (OSMP) and agree to the Terms and Conditions of the program.
- Purchase tags: $15 city of Boulder resident household - includes one tag and $18.75 non-resident household. Additional tags are $5 each.
- Display voice and sight tags on dogs under voice and sight control.
- Purchase additional or replacement tags for $5 online. Dog guardians must provide the primary member household information and pay by credit card. Please allow seven to ten business days for delivery. Please update household information online if it is out-of-date to ensure the tag is mailed to the appropriate address.
Attention current Tag program participants:
The Open Space and Mountain Parks staff is currently working on updating the Voice and Sight Tag database. If you are a participant in the Voice and Sight Tag Program and have a new email or mailing address since you registered, please update your information so we can notify you of upcoming program changes (link available under Voice and Sight Tag Program). If you would prefer to call us, please call 720-564-2025. We would appreciate having your current contact information (email is preferred). By updating your contact information, it ensures we have a way to contact you about upcoming changes to the Voice and Sight Program.
If you would like to receive updates about the Voice and Sight Tag Program evaluation or other OSMP dog related topics, please sign up for the "Dogs on OSMP" email list. You may also visit the Voice and Sight Tag Program Evaluation page for updates.