Volunteer for Open Space and Mountain Parks!
Over 1,000 dedicated and enthusiastic volunteers contribute thousands of hours of service every year to help care for our Open Space and Mountain Parks lands. Come join us!
We appreciate the outpouring of offers to help! OSMP is continuing to assess conditions and opportunities for safe and appropriate volunteer projects.
Ways to Volunteer:
- Sign up for an upcoming one-day project or long-term program - see below.
- If you want notification about the latest projects, please sign up to receive emails by emailing OSMPVolunteer@bouldercolorado.gov.
- If you would like to schedule a group volunteer project, please fill out the Project Request Form.
Upcoming Volunteer Projects - Single Day
Save the date for these upcoming projects:
- National Trails Day at the Joder Property, trail building: Saturday, June 6
- Community Volunteer Projects at Shanahan Ridge, cattle fence construction: Tuesday June 16, 23, 30 and July 7.
- 63rd Street Farm – Adrus Property: Wednesday, July 29 and September 23
- Dew Farms – McKenzie Property: Wednesday, August 12 and October 7
Help beautify Boulder! Choose from 10 parks and greenways. Plant flowers, pull weeds and more from 8:30 a.m. to noon on Saturday, May 16.
Volunteers will assist Cure Organic Farm staff with planting tomatoes by hand.
Volunteer Programs - Long Term
Holy Chiroptera! Bat monitors head out at dusk to ponds and bat roost sites, performing auditory and visual bat population counts.
The volunteers help staff with administration and research in resource conservation, education and outreach, planning and volunteer services
Volunteers appointed by City Council research issues, advise on policy, and recommend purchases of properties.
Raptor Monitors help monitor raptor nest sites along the Front Range.
Volunteers provide interpretive nature hikes for children throughout the year.
Friendly volunteers greet the public and provide information at community events, trailheads and facilities.
Trail Guides travel OSMP trails enhancing visitors’ experiences. They provide visitor information and assist those in need.
Help maintain OSMP's native plant xeriscape gardens. This may include planting, weeding, seed collection and other garden tasks.
The Boulder Mountain Bike Patrol is a multi-agency program. Patrollers ride trails, assisting & educating mountain bikers & other park users
These stewards contribute court-ordered community service time, helping staff with a variety of tasks.
Volunteers familiar with the birds of OSMP grasslands can play a vital part in protecting sensitive species!